+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Skill rating system in ctf D:

Member Jolteon is on a distinguished road

Skill rating system in ctf D:

Hi!
    I really hate it how skill rating is calculated off points/per unit of time, especially in ctf.
    I play the role of a mid-fielder, and the nature of that role is usually very low-scoring. I play in tier 4 games as mid-fielder, but I am tier 2 because of the abysmal score. Check out this match: http://www.quakelive.com/r/profile/s...9031fd90/ctf/1. I was known as 'Jdt' back when that game was played. That was a tier 4 game. Yet I am tier 2. SERIOUSLY?!
    Last edited by Jolteon; 12-05-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    Give it a few matches. The ratings will catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    Give it a few matches. The ratings will catch up.
    When I created this profile, I was tier 3. Since then, my skillrating has been dropping and dropping, and I have lost faith in this D:.
    Last edited by Jolteon; 12-05-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Member zyklone is on a distinguished road
    Yes, it sucks.
    Skillrating can't correctly detect even games where everyone plays well.

Like...your team's flag carrier can die at base, and some noob can pick it up and cap it for 100 points...

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zyklone View Post
    Yes, it sucks.
    Skillrating can't correctly detect even games where everyone plays well.
    for that to happen it would need to apply map-knowledge skills as well, and that's not gonna happen.

Senior Member jigglyboobs is on a distinguished road
    There are probably so few people playing CTF now that iD needs to channel some to the lower ranks just to have viable servers. Take one for the team Jolteon!

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglyboobs View Post
    There are probably so few people playing CTF now that iD needs to channel some to the lower ranks just to have viable servers. Take one for the team Jolteon!
    ^ in america.. not europe

although over here everyone seems to be a tier 4 which is inaccurate to say the least.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Well I might suggest that your play style isn't helping your team that much in these games ? Not that many CTF maps require a TDM style mid player. I'm sure you irritated the other side a lot by camping mid, but it doesn't look like it was that effective a strategy in that particular 4v4. You got a lot of frags and did a lot of damage but they still got 5 caps.

Pub CTF requires you to adapt a bit. 2 defs suggest you didn't really protect your FC that much when he was running back to base and couple with the points you got from your team's caps + your kills it doesn't look like you killed the EFC that much either.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but the point scoring system in CTF is related to how you should be playing the game.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    if you want to win on pub ctf you should either attack or defend, not mid. Can do much more if items are yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

+ Reply to Thread