+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Give us old slick back pleease!

Hybrid View

Junior Member ZoneZero is an unknown quantity at this point

Give us old slick back pleease!

Hey I just recently got a pro subscription to create servers with PQL settings since I've always loved promode physics (specially for defrag :P). So I started my lil new PQL server and the first thing I tried was a plasma gazboost/groundboost (I know many quake live players are not familiar with it but if you play defrag you'll understand) and found out it wasn't possible at all :/ So I went on to this big chistmas icy map to try slicking to see what was going on and found out that slicking was all dumbed down to vq3-like physics! you don't get the fast accels on sharp turns you used to get on promode, you can't even turn on ice at all, and the starting accel seems way too slow. I know you probably did this to avoid gaz-boosts, but hey, they're our custom servers, please give us an option for promode slicking running around with promode physics and suddenly hitting ice and getting changed to vq3 feels just too unnatural! and gazboosts are 0s0m! (they make plasma guns way more useful :P)

PS: Is there any setting to turn overbounces (pmove_fixed) on? if not it would be cool if we had an option for it too

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    theres no option to turn on overbounces.

you can set the knockback for the plasma gun to try and give it more of a pro mode feeling. however that would also effect shooting at players...

the knockback is ok, the problem resides totally in the slick effect, since pql slick behaves exactly like vq3 slick so you can't fast-turn-accel during the slick effect of gazboosts and get the boost

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    lots of "bugs" were removed in QL so can't happen. And as you know there are some things that you can do in cpm that are impossible in pql, and overall cpm feels better, so cpm and cpm defrag cannot be replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member fuaaaa is on a distinguished road
    but but... strafing is also a bug! An option for activating an old bug doesn't harm anyone, you can still leave it off by default. VQ3 slicking for PQL should also kill telejumping, I haven't tested it tho.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    just stating what they said. It's obvious that the devs want to have as less bugs as possible and in theory overbounce and others can ruin a duel match with money involved.

Personally I'd like having overbounce and all that too. CA would be awesome once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

cmon id, I've been playing some pql and it's really fun, but we need it to grow, and it wont grow if it doesn't feel as good as the original promode! Fix the vq3 slicking in cpm issue, if feels really dumb. Telejumps and gbs were part of the game, cpmers won't move to ql if you change it, and they're VERY hard to master anyways, they're not a bad bug they just make the game even more challenging.

Senior Member xwind is on a distinguished road
    overbounce is a bug
    gazboost is not

+ Reply to Thread