+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No self damage..

*deadaim_

No self damage..

I love how this is being crammed into every mode like its a requirement. stop newbifying a game that should stand as the beacon of competitive arena deathmatch.. quakes popularity was built off of TDM specifically not CA that lazy people and baddies have embraced so embracingly. This CA inspired no self damage on every mode just shows how far this series has fallen. Its been added to practically all the new modes you came up with.. modes that would be just as fun without teaching your entire playerbase how to play the game wrong.. people who run into everything spamming rockets wouldnt last long in TDM or CTF. and Its now even been tweaked into the silent night CTF map.

tldr: old school quake 1 player misses when everyone wasn't an idiot.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deadaim_ View Post
    and Its now even been tweaked into the silent night CTF map.
    erm.. the first year its been released on ql it was with no self dmg, ever since the second year there is self-dmg received.

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    this is the problem when you open the floodgates for modifications...

it just fragments the community so it becomes harder and harder to play actual Quake

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Are you actually talking about no TEAM damage? Cause TDM/FFA/CTF/FT/1FCTF have self damage. I'm not sure about Dom/A&D/RR (probably not).

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    Id love to see that. There are very few games in ca where i feel like there was any skill involved. Mostly its just rocket rushing, and someone will rage after the first or 2nd round, and then the whole game is shot. I try to stay with rails and lightning, but its nearly impossible to do so when every hall is filled with explosive spam. It just feels so cheap.

*deadaim_
    flashsoul.. what you are referring to is called NO FRIENDLY FIRE. I'm talking about NO SELF DAMAGE. NFF+NSD were all but exclusive in quake except for CA.. it was what made CA, CA. and with modern games.. really no different then COD success etc.. CA being the easiest and less skill involved mode it has become the most popular.. its gamemode mods are being ported like a virus to all the new modes being introduced and just dumbing down the average player.

and yes i've posted on here before about fragmentation.. its like a quick fix that never works.. look at what happen with ut3.. theyve split their game into several communited by their vastly different modes and in turn the game just ended up with several really small communities instead of one bigger one.. and the game was a huge flop.

quakelive has its own fragmentation problems .. tiers were bad enough, and premium hurt the game horribly... I would of rather the game went pay only.. then atleast paying would be worth it

+ Reply to Thread