+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: To Quake Live Developers: You guys are doing it wrong. Wrost Pay Model ever..........

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Try playing ranked without half the OP chars. That's straight up disadvantageous.

Coincidentally the most OP chars ever released were and are 6300 IP, plus the constant reductions to IP gains.
    1) I don't play Ranked (Not going into why not, since I've ranted several times before about it elsewhere :P)
    2) I'm not seeing where you're going with this. If you play the game you get IP. If you get enough IP you can buy a new Champion. Therefore, you don't have to spend a dime on the game. Due to the free Champions per week, along with the Champions that you *have* bought, you get additional Champions (Provided you haven't already bought them) that you can play free of charge.

*niyaro
    1. Premium maps/premium game modes is a failure. Paying people are minority and QL isn't that popular game, so this idea doesn't work. Those who pay to play said maps and modes end up being underwhelmed and even frustrated cause they can't play it as much and as comfortable as they want. Moreover, because preium players are minority, skill differential is higher and therefore games themselves cannot be as even and as fun. Not to mention that frustrated customer is always bad. All maps, modes should be made free.

2. What should be made premium and removed from free access is:
    - colorful nicknames (black color have to be added then to make it really worth the buck)
    - most of game models, leaving only like 4 or 5 for free access (and rotating them instead of maps). cg_forceEnemyModel should be removed from free access as well (in order to reduce possible complaints maybe allowing to force sarge and crash or even green tankjr, kinda like is done for force team mate model command, but absolutely no keel).
    - almost entire player statistics (aside from very-very basic accuracy and win/loss ratio) + ability to reset statistics so it becomes more pleasant for player to use. Maybe instead of hiding absolutely everything allow free players to view only their own stats making it so looking at other stats is premium feature, but for me personally that would reduce its worth a lot, since I can live without looking at others.
    - whole match history
    - competetive ladder (should include everyone, but visible only for premium players). Since access to it will require payment it will make it easier to punish abusers.
    - DEFRAG. That's the only game mode that can be premium, cause its basically a single player mode and the competition is inderect. It's the only game mode that can't suffer from the lack of populated servers.

Since removal of stuff is always painful it have to be done simultaniously with making all maps free, so it will be percieved as an exchange and not as a takeback of features.
    This lists is what I personally would pay for (together with current premium stuff like sounds/better score screen). But paying for maps that I will have trouble to play on? No thanks. Still, there's probably the biggest issue that already made me reconsider paying in the past. The key issue of:

3. Payment model is horrible. No webmoney? No paypal? Suggesting American express to Russians after Sberbank - it's only partner in Russia - anounced they cease to process it? Do you actually want people to pay you? I thought when someone wants to sell you something he will go out of his way in order to make it as easy as possible to transfer money. QL team apparantely doesn't want to sell stuff. Visit steam. Or visit blizzard market. Select product, three mouse clicks, confirm payment code and you're done. Those guys want to sell stuff and sure as hell they're getting paid.
    Last edited by niyaro; 02-07-2013 at 01:19 AM.

*applev
    Quote Originally Posted by niyaro View Post
    2. What should be made premium and removed from free access is:
    - colorful nicknames (black color have to be added then to make it really worth the buck)
    - most of game models, leaving only like 4 or 5 for free access (and rotating them instead of maps). cg_forceEnemyModel should be removed from free access as well (in order to reduce possible complaints maybe allowing to force sarge and crash or even green tankjr, kinda like is done for force team mate model command, but absolutely no keel).
    Right, because this is what the players care about most and will happily put their money for it. LOL. Also, premium-only forced models can be considered an unfair advantage.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    niyaro, webmoney and paypal is not enough! I think they should add an option "I want id employee to come to my house and pick up the cash"
    Real life? Life is real?!

*niyaro
    Quote Originally Posted by anvi View Post
    Right, because this is what the players care about most and will happily put their money for it. LOL. Also, premium-only forced models can be considered an unfair advantage.
    First of all, who said that this is what players care about the most? I for one, care the most about comptetive ladder. Judging from forum posts, there are people who care a lot about black color for nicknames. And judging by the fact that almost every player has colorfull nickname, I think it will boost premium's worth.
    Secondly, this: valve's team fortress 2 store.
    So let's see. The single most popular map - campgrounds - is gone and I haven't seen a single full premium server with it in europe yet despite being online eight hours a day. I think there was like one .de server with 4 players on it and that's all.
    On the other hand, valve's tf2 game store, full of useless stuff, allowed them to make tf2 free to play.
    Id struggles to make ql profitable. Valve swims in cash. Clearly someone completely misunderstands what people actually happily put their money for.

Also, zing sound after death can be considered an unfair advantage as well as forceTeamModel command. They're premium. Don't see anyone complaying and especially leaving ql because of that. Besides, this "advantage" is part of feature pack that costs 2$ a month. Good gaming mouse costs 100$. Something tells me, that if enemy model makes difference in gameplay for some player than he'll have no problem finding two bucks to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDoubleU View Post
    niyaro, webmoney and paypal is not enough! I think they should add an option "I want id employee to come to my house and pick up the cash"
    The situation is pretty clear. I've bought SC2:WoL from blizzard who have simple to use store that caters towards Russian players and provides suitable payments methods. I'm not going to buy QL subscription. You can be sarcastic as much as you want, but I'm not the one losing the money because of noncompetitive business model.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Suggesting American express to Russians after Sberbank - it's only partner in Russia - anounced they cease to process it? Do you actually want people to pay you? I thought when someone wants to sell you something he will go out of his way in order to make it as easy as possible to transfer money. QL team apparantely doesn't want to sell stuff. Visit steam. Or visit blizzard market. Select product, three mouse clicks, confirm payment code and you're done. Those guys want to sell stuff and sure as hell they're getting paid.
    Omg, QIWI -> Virtual VISA. That's how I made payment, since I didn't want to use my normal VISA. It took five mins.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    1) I don't play Ranked (Not going into why not, since I've ranted several times before about it elsewhere :P)
    2) I'm not seeing where you're going with this. If you play the game you get IP. If you get enough IP you can buy a new Champion. Therefore, you don't have to spend a dime on the game. Due to the free Champions per week, along with the Champions that you *have* bought, you get additional Champions (Provided you haven't already bought them) that you can play free of charge.
    Same in QL with the monthly rotations :P. It is playable but not nearly as enjoyable as having all the champs/maps

Besides, I'm always surprised people still complain about the lack of paypal support. What financial situation are they in that they cannot access a credit card or an alternative, heck even asking someone else to pay it for you then pay him in cash irl?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

*applev
    Besides, I'm always surprised people still complain about the lack of paypal support.
    Give them paypal support, they will find another reason not to pay.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Same in QL with the monthly rotations :P. It is playable but not nearly as enjoyable as having all the champs/maps

Besides, I'm always surprised people still complain about the lack of paypal support. What financial situation are they in that they cannot access a credit card or an alternative, heck even asking someone else to pay it for you then pay him in cash irl?
    It's also a lot harder for some people to actually get the credit cards (or prepaids). For example, I personally have a credit card, but am only allowed to use it for college expenses. While I could potentially get a prepaid card from somewhere, I'd have to walk there, and it's not exactly close (and it's cold :P). It's possible, but not really 'easy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by anvi View Post
    Give them paypal support, they will find another reason not to pay.
    Yeah, just like they continued to complain after they got maps they were waiting several years to get. People are ungrateful.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    The situation is pretty clear. I've bought SC2:WoL from blizzard who have simple to use store that caters towards Russian players and provides suitable payments methods. I'm not going to buy QL subscription. You can be sarcastic as much as you want, but I'm not the one losing the money because of noncompetitive business model.
    Sorry, was in my grumpy mood.
    Yes, it would be nice to have more payment options to convince more people to subscribe, but even now it isn't impossible to pay if you want to.
    People from Russia and Ukraine have their subs.
    Real life? Life is real?!

+ Reply to Thread