+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: To Quake Live Developers: You guys are doing it wrong. Wrost Pay Model ever..........

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz_ View Post
    you can randomly get the full game if you get invited to one
    oh really...? didn't know it was a one time payment to own the game.

Senior Member SergeantRock44 is an unknown quantity at this point SergeantRock44's Avatar
    I've stated a ton of times this playerbase is pathetic, and that simply isnt going to change......tons of free/standard CTF servers sitting there empty, but no one ever goes and joins up on them.....they all pile in and load up the custom servers like Squirrelly's CTF server, when all she ever does on her server is play "all-star" matches where she takes the top players and stack up her team, and put all the noobs and others on the other side. She locks teams/unlocks teams at her whim. And the other side loses big time time and time again. Theres nothing at all legit, or even, or fair, or compettive about it at all, but everyone keeps loading and loading it up over and over, and refuse to touch the other CTF servers as if they'd get perma-banned if they did.

And the matches there are all trash, just pure junk: the friends of squirrelly bloat up their stats and have easy wins. And the other players are all like lemmings, climbing and clamboring over each other to load up the other team for the easy slaughters.

Beats every thing I've ever seen in online, supposedly "competitive" FPS match play. I love the CTF format, but that is just trashy, pitiful junk to me, nothing fun or challenging for me whatsoever. But theres no other available CTF servers being played during my log on times, so I'm forced to go play other gametypes or just not log on. This playerbase is just pure trash.....
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    interesting, report it with some evidence and this person will be busted for slumming/statpadding/biased hosting.

i'd show you an example of someone it worked on but the forum rules you know ..

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantRock44 View Post
    I've stated a ton of times this playerbase is pathetic, and that simply isnt going to change......tons of free/standard CTF servers sitting there empty, but no one ever goes and joins up on them.....they all pile in and load up the custom servers like Squirrelly's CTF server, when all she ever does on her server is play "all-star" matches where she takes the top players and stack up her team, and put all the noobs and others on the other side. She locks teams/unlocks teams at her whim. And the other side loses big time time and time again. Theres nothing at all legit, or even, or fair, or compettive about it at all, but everyone keeps loading and loading it up over and over, and refuse to touch the other CTF servers as if they'd get perma-banned if they did.

And the matches there are all trash, just pure junk: the friends of squirrelly bloat up their stats and have easy wins. And the other players are all like lemmings, climbing and clamboring over each other to load up the other team for the easy slaughters.

Beats every thing I've ever seen in online, supposedly "competitive" FPS match play. I love the CTF format, but that is just trashy, pitiful junk to me, nothing fun or challenging for me whatsoever. But theres no other available CTF servers being played during my log on times, so I'm forced to go play other gametypes or just not log on. This playerbase is just pure trash.....
    idk if that's true, but the issue isn't that the playerbase stacks teams or anything.

the problem is that any time you allow people to pick custom settings (mods), the community will find some way to dumb the game down

it happened when they introduced Clan Arena (every other mode is completely dead). it happens in every multiplayer game out there. in games that allow stuff like 16v16 but are designed for 6v6 people always populate the huge giant servers. in strategy games people always pick the least strategic settings.

99% of Quake Live in America has very little to do with actual Quake. yes the player base is full of newbs, but every player base is like that.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Senior Member SixtyFive is on a distinguished road SixtyFive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    I can show you a whole bookshelf dedicated to Games that I "Own"... well, have a limited, non-exclusive license for. And a whole cabinet full of XBox and Wii games that I "Own", er... have a license to. I don't ever play them, they just sit there, doing nothing... collecting dust, but at least I have the Box, CD/DVD and manuals that go with them. Most of them should run on Windows 7, probably won't run on 8, 9, etc... But hey, I have the boxes and stuff.
    All classic games have community patches in cases where they don't work with new OS properly. And you can load them up on a whim to play for a couple of hours without needing to pay again and ending up dropping the idea of playing them altogether.

Speaking of which, why do I have all those still, doubt I can sell them for any reasonable fraction of what I paid for them. Half of them are unopened... original shrink wrap, god why did I spend all that money on those games that got about 10 hours of play time out of them on average, I should just throw them in the trash, they're making me look like a hoarder.
    Or maybe sell them for a hefty price on ebay 10 years down the line.

Owning stuff > Not owning stuff

Anyway... $20 bucks a year, and I play the hell out of it? $50 bucks 1 time and they sit on the shelf... hmmm, decisions.
    Riddle me this: $24 a year, playing occasionally.
    Last edited by SixtyFive; 12-07-2012 at 05:38 AM.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    For a game that requires the existence of hosted servers there is no way that you could meaningfully 'own' QL. Plenty of online games have come and gone. When the servers got switched off it made no difference if it was a pay per month or a one off cost.

Q3 was pirated so heavily that one can hardly blame ID for refusing to release the server software in any shape or form.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

*DahrkDaiz
    Quite honestly, I was a premium member outright when I started. I let my subscription lapse after year 2 as I stopped playing the game for a bit. When I came back to it, having to sit through ads only to get to the game too late to fill the last spot in a match was infuriating. Paying the $17 (holiday deal) to go ad free for a year and having a UI to modify my weapon configurations? Well worth the investment.

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantRock44 View Post

I checked out his matches of ctf, and it would appear there was definitely some stacking/padding going on in the games. The 'all star' squad only lost once all night, when it played a match 4v8, and every other match was basically a blowout, and since the team was the same every game, its clear there was no shuffling to make things competitive. I see guys going 70-10, 110-34, and no one on the opposition even coming close to a positive kdr. Definitely seems like stacking and padding to me.

Senior Member SixtyFive is on a distinguished road SixtyFive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    Q3 was pirated so heavily that one can hardly blame ID for refusing to release the server software in any shape or form.
    Pirating a f2p game.
    A whole nutha level.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    zeroql, nuff said
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread