+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 92

Thread: To Quake Live Developers: You guys are doing it wrong. Wrost Pay Model ever..........

  1. #31
    *Earthsea
    Guest
    Black Ops 2 is the first CoD game I have really wanted in a long time. I would pick it up if my computer wasn't so crappy. Definitely going to get it after I upgrade over the summer, even though unfortunately the community will undoubtedly move onto the next installment around this time in 2013.

    Unless, by the grace of God almighty, there isn't another CoD release next year.

  2. #32
    Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,301
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    We play quake not because of fancy graphics, realistic weapons, cartoony animations...
    Creating interest in the game for potential newcomers is NOT about why YOU play it. Because obviously you already play it, so why would it matter?

  3. #33
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    As I believe someone else mentionned in this thread, generally only people who are annoyed by something are vocal with their displeasure; thus, your view of the community being "pissed" is rather biased. :P
    That was me ;3 I don't remember if it was in this thread though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthsea View Post
    Black Ops 2 is the first CoD game I have really wanted in a long time. I would pick it up if my computer wasn't so crappy. Definitely going to get it after I upgrade over the summer, even though unfortunately the community will undoubtedly move onto the next installment around this time in 2013.

    Unless, by the grace of God almighty, there isn't another CoD release next year.
    There's actually still about 2000 players playing TDM during the day (at least) in MW3 when I hop on to play. It's been like that since Summer. Occasionally it's about 10K, but that's on a rare day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Creating interest in the game for potential newcomers is NOT about why YOU play it. Because obviously you already play it, so why would it matter?
    As i said earlier, for these to be implemented things would have to be removed from the people already playing the game.

  4. #34
    *an00bis86
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    Creating interest in the game for potential newcomers is NOT about why YOU play it. Because obviously you already play it, so why would it matter?
    How are the OPs suggestions for monetizing the game going to create interest among potential newcomers? I don't see how marketing a bunch of cosmetic changes that do nothing to enhance your gameplay experience is going to bring more people here. Furthermore, a few of the suggestions would actually take away features already in the game, and we've all seen how much complaining the community does about that around here.

    Honestly, monetizing maps, game modes, and servers make the most logical and economic sense in the context of Quake. I suppose they could try to sell the grappling hook as additional content, but I'm not sure how feasible that is in the context of how Quake is programmed.

  5. #35
    Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    Once you've spawned it, you're stuck with it as it is - gametype, physics, weapons etc. Anything that's votable you can change, so you can call vote any standard map, not just those you selected when you started. Teamsize too etc. However you can't change it to Premium server. You'd have to kill it and respawn it as premium.

    Thats what I was curious about. Your answer suggests that I can change my server if I wish at no additional cost. Thank you!

  6. #36
    Senior Member kristus is on a distinguished road kristus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    165
    Yeah you can spawn and despawn servers all you like across any of the available server locations across the globe. Only limitation to this is that you can only spawn one server at a time. So unfortunately, if you spawn a CA server and then wanna play Freeze tag or whatever. You have to bring down the server and put up a new one. It's a shame, but at the same time it's nice that people can't suddenly decide to vote for CA on your Duel server or whatever.

  7. #37
    Senior Member SixtyFive is on a distinguished road SixtyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    Irony? How so? I'm always able to find a match to play with friends on QuakeLive. Sorry it's apparently so difficult for you. :P
    Yes it is. No pun. And guess what, it's not just me.
    Can counter that without resorting to using your experience as an argument to people's issues?

    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    Pissing off the community? $25 a year is extremely cheap compared to the price of most new games.
    Implying QL is a new game.
    But hey, let's assume it is!

    Old-school multiplayer-only game: $25 a year. http://www.quakelive.com
    Old-school multiplayer-only game: $15 one time payment ($7.5 right now). http://store.steampowered.com/app/730/

    So no, extremely cheap is not even a hyperbole, but a flat-out lie.

    "But wait!" you say, "ql is a f2p shooter! You should compare it to other games in this segment!"

    Tribes Ascend: Free players get 100% of the content at all times. Monetizing on cosmetic stuff and xp boosters.
    Planetside 2: Free players get 100% of the content at all times. Monetizing on cosmetic stuff and xp boosters.
    Team Fortress 2: Free players get 100% of the content at all times. Monetizing on cosmetic stuff.

    See a pattern there?

    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    As I believe someone else mentionned in this thread, generally only people who are annoyed by something are vocal with their displeasure; thus, your view of the community being "pissed" is rather biased. :P
    That proves me wrong... how?

    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    As i said earlier, for these to be implemented things would have to be removed from the people already playing the game.
    Yeah, cause id would never do such thing. Oh wait.

    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    Thus, offering cosmetic perks to the Quake community would yield minimal to no revenue whatsoever.
    Let's for a moment assume that this is true. Right now ql is monetizing mostly on maps, at least when it comes to prem.

    Well, ok, let me buy the maps. Let me buy single maps that i want or buy them in packs for reduced price.

    Let me pay once and have the map available for me permanently.
    Let me own something in this game, feel invested.
    Last edited by SixtyFive; 12-06-2012 at 04:17 AM.

  8. #38
    Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    172
    One last question before I decide to depart with my hard earned money. I notice some servers that have been "rented" that the "owner" is specing. Do I have to be on line and on "my" server in order for it to be active? Or can I leave "my" server and still have it visible and playable for others to enjoy?

  9. #39
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,203
    such a drama for $24 a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

  10. #40
    Senior Member SixtyFive is on a distinguished road SixtyFive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    such a drama for $24 a year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odA0Y1cGGZ0

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts