+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: To Quake Live Developers: You guys are doing it wrong. Wrost Pay Model ever..........

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Just for the record, the fact there are 16 players CA is a sign of the community being healthy. Because there are enough people playing for us to witness such oddities. The fact we wouldn't play that ourselves is irrelevant.
    It all depends on which version of "healthy" you're referring to. In our opinions we find that as unhealthy because it's a crappy gametype with too many people in it. On the "community" aspect it's only the CA community that's "healthy" -- at least in North America.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Your, or anyone's, opinion on what should be played and how should never be a part of the definition of "healthy". That's just not right. I could decide the community isn't healthy because its players don't play only Attack&Defend. That would be just as bad.

No, I mean that from our opinions we find playing CA as "unhealthy" -- That doesn't mean it actually is though.
    We (I'm putting words in their mouth, but I'm assuming) just don't see it as a good use of time when there's more entertaining (again, in my/our opinion(s)) gametypes that could be played. There's no real strategy in CA other than spamming and hoping you don't get a spawn that screws you over in the first few seconds.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    That's just not right.
    It's perfectly right. Can't be healthy when it's mental.

You really took it all serious, though, didn't you?

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    I find CA to often be unbearable. At least in public servers. There are so many a$$hats spewing stupidity and raging after or during every round, and the spamfest is just ridiculous. Its also hard to get into a groove because usually as soon as i do, or before i can even get started, ill get a bad spawn, and either be dead instantly, or ill almost escape only to have 2 teammates rocket me in the face back into the place i just escaped from and end up dead. Then ive got to sit and wait while a last standing spends his time running and hiding for a couple minutes flinging explosives at nothing because playing with sound would get in the way of his music. In the end, itll be a round draw, or he will die stupidly because he didnt hear the loud as hell force model hew, hew, hewing up to rocket in his stupid face.

I see some of these CA guys in FFA once in a while, and they suck terribly despite always having a good score in CA. Often, while on their way to 28 points and 34 deaths, theyll have blown themselves up several times because they dont know how to do anything other than spam rockets and grenades, and they cant adjust to self damage. Then i get specced and called names while going 50-10 because i can somewhat aim my lg, and if im hot with the rg, i can easily shoot 60% or better.

I think CA is probably not the best place to learn good habits, but it can be fun if you dont play on a public server.

*loophole145
    Hey guys what if it becomes TF2 and we can all buy hats?!?!!!?

Junior Member FraKctured is on a distinguished road
    Dude this is how i thought the game would be handled when they released it.... payin for premium makes ppl not play quake.... but if the game was free and ppl could pay for EXTRA thing then let them and ull make your money. Take a lesson from Riot's League and only charge money for EXTRAS things that DO NOT HINDER YOUR PLAYING EXPERIENCE or ENHANCE IT! And now you changed the maps again left us with like 2 CA maps thx alot guys solid move, only game mode ppl play anymore and u leave us no maps for it get a grip
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by loophole145 View Post
    Hey guys what if it becomes TF2 and we can all buy hats?!?!!!?
    Actually that finally is a good example in QL's case because now on TF2 players can buy user submitted hats. Imagine being able to buy a pink rocket launcher that shoots teddy bears or a "harosh ujujuy" killbeep, submitted by players therefore practically 0 work on id's side.

Quote Originally Posted by FraKctured View Post
    Dude this is how i thought the game would be handled when they released it.... payin for premium makes ppl not play quake.... but if the game was free and ppl could pay for EXTRA thing then let them and ull make your money. Take a lesson from Riot's League and only charge money for EXTRAS things that DO NOT HINDER YOUR PLAYING EXPERIENCE or ENHANCE IT! And now you changed the maps again left us with like 2 CA maps thx alot guys solid move, only game mode ppl play anymore and u leave us no maps for it get a grip
    Have you played LoL? It is practically impossible not to end up paying, plus there it is not rare reading about people spending thousands of dollars (not $48 max. like QL).
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Have you played LoL? It is practically impossible not to end up paying, plus there it is not rare reading about people spending thousands of dollars (not $48 max. like QL).
    I play LoL and it's extremely easy to not pay. That doesn't mean I wouldn't pay in the future, but it's not like it's remotely hard at all to play without paying.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I play LoL and it's extremely easy to not pay. That doesn't mean I wouldn't pay in the future, but it's not like it's remotely hard at all to play without paying.
    Try playing ranked without half the OP chars. That's straight up disadvantageous for you and for the team (trading).
    Coincidentally the most OP chars ever released were and are 6300 IP. It even holds true to champs that were buffed afterwards. Then there's constant reductions to IP gains, the whole runes mess up, new champions costing more and more, etc.

And most importantly, in the end LoL is more restricted than QL if you don't pay unless you play to the very least 50 hours a week (the math has been done several times in different years) and if you want to get everything (like you do in QL with $24 a year) then it is absolutely needed to spend at least $100, not counting skins (then it'd be thousands. A single LoL skin costs more than a year of QL premium) and assuming pretty good playing time (so there's already lots of owned champs and all the competitive/worth runes ever made). LoL champions are kind of similar to having access to all maps in QL, but in QL you get that with $24 a year and not at least $100, which might as well be $250+ without lots of playing time.

I know there are worse offenders both on content restriction (I agree LoL is pretty good at that) and pricing (here is where LoL falls in comparison with QL), but QL is not bad by any means whatsoever. Personally I can't think of a single subscription based or "freemium" game that beats QL in one or both aspects. Can be any genre but it has to be one of the said business models, therefore a straight up 1 pay game doesn't count (less say starcraft2) and neither does tf2 (free with add ons that have 0 repercussions in-game. In LoL owning champs is crucial).
    Last edited by megaman3; 02-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

+ Reply to Thread