+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: To Quake Live Developers: You guys are doing it wrong. Wrost Pay Model ever..........

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Yeah, yet another one "expert" sharing his valuable experience =)

Thanks mate, keep it up

Senior Member SixtyFive is on a distinguished road SixtyFive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    it's amazingly easy to find a match; please stop with the hyperboles.
    The irony.

Quote Originally Posted by an00bis86 View Post
    BTW, Quake isn't like every other F2P game -- for starters, it isn't a CoD/CS/Halo knockoff.
    Neither are TF2 and T:A, yet they manage to monetize without pissing off their communities.

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    Oh my god, it's another "devs suck and I'm an game design expert with 20 years of experience" thread.

I would not expect much activity on QL tbh. "Modern" Id is not the one that was in the past (Wolfenstein/doom/quake). They have no manpower imo to pump up QL. And let's face it - Twitch Arena Shooters became niche genre for hardcore players. Casuals are those who pay, hardcores usually complain all the time and have snake in the pocket.

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSUCKatFPSnow View Post

#1. Duels are completely dead. -
    Purchasable Huds -
    Purchasable Weapon Skins
    Purchasable Taunts and Animations, e.g., Tea-Bagging, Middle-Finger

At the moment, this is a complete crap-fest.
    1: 23 Duel servers with players right now only in Europe
    Purchasable huds - lol You can make your own hud, what is the point of paying for one?
    Purchasable Weapon Skins - If you want weapon skins play CoD
    Purchasable Taunts and Animations, e.g., Tea-Bagging, Middle-Finger - Middle Finger? This game is rated T for Teen if a middle-finger is added it will probably become 16+/18+.
    At the moment, this is a complete crap-fest. - No, it's not I'm having a lot of fun right now.
    Last edited by ephix1a; 12-05-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Weapons is easily skinable, but you wouldn't notice it anyway - the game is just to fast.
    Additional animations - technically possible, but it would require remodelling (its roughly 800 tris per character, they don't have fingers) all available characters.
    Oh, btw, tea-bagging is available already.
    Real life? Life is real?!

Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road
    So my question is, if I want the full Quakelive experience what content do I purchase? Also can I leave my server open so anyone can join and I mean anyone? If the answer to #2 is No I need to invite people then I don't think I will be purchasing anything!

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    You can only have an 'open' server if it's set up as Standard. You can still change quite a lot for it to be standard - team size etc, but you'll be stuck with the current standard map pool and game types.

Not sure if allowing voting on your own spawned standard servers is allowed?
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post

It is.....yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DocPossible View Post
    You can only have an 'open' server if it's set up as Standard. You can still change quite a lot for it to be standard - team size etc, but you'll be stuck with the current standard map pool and game types.

Can I change the server type at any time? Or am I stuck with a standard server for good if I choose standard?

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SLEEHUNTER View Post
    Can I change the server type at any time? Or am I stuck with a standard server for good if I choose standard?
    Once you've spawned it, you're stuck with it as it is - gametype, physics, weapons etc. Anything that's votable you can change, so you can call vote any standard map, not just those you selected when you started. Teamsize too etc. However you can't change it to Premium server. You'd have to kill it and respawn it as premium.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread