+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Is There a Newbie Clan?

  1. #1
    *Noob2012
    Guest

    Is There a Newbie Clan?

    It seems that this game is only filled with experienced and mid ranged players. Is there a clan mostly made up of newbies-average that meet and play? I'm not interested in improving, just to have fun with similar strength players.

    The color code seems to work okay, but it be nice if there were a group of friends with similar skills.

  2. #2
    Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ottawa...ehhh!
    Posts
    544
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/forum...an-Recruitment

    Check the above sub-forum for clan recruitment info. Note that if you play with any regularity, improvemnt will happen and your tier will change accordingly.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

  3. #3
    *Noob2012
    Guest
    I've been playing with regularity since Quake 3 and I'm still a noob. My max skills will always be noob but I enjoy playing the game, especially with other players with my own skills, or just tad bit better.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,966
    If you're not improving it means something other than you is holding you back. The usual cause is a bad mouse and pad.

  5. #5
    *Noob2012
    Guest
    It has nothing to do with hardware. I don't own a piece of junk I am a computer software engineer. Everyone has their limit as to what they can do. But again, I'm just here to solely enjoy the game and looking for friends that have similar skills.

  6. #6
    *tCrown
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob2012 View Post
    It has nothing to do with hardware. I don't own a piece of junk I am a computer software engineer. Everyone has their limit as to what they can do. But again, I'm just here to solely enjoy the game and looking for friends that have similar skills.
    Quake, or any FPS or any game, hell even LIFE is all mental. You being where you are is not because of limits, you're where you are at because of your mental game. People like to put limits on things when they really shouldn't. You also gotta dedicate yourself to this game to reach higher levels. I'm a rager, but now i'm choosing to stop playing that drag down mind game and start playing to get good at quake, or any FPS because games are more fun when you're dominating. Don't ever sell yourself short in video games, or in life. What's stopping you from reaching higher levels? you are. If you wanna play for fun, then play for fun. But if you're looking to become good, or even great? stop looking down on yourself, and do what you want to do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqummot83IE

    Someone on these forums gave me that video and it's really hit home with me. GREAT advice from a pro gamer (other games he played at a high level besides Street Fighter 2).

  7. #7
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    If you're not improving it means something other than you is holding you back. The usual cause is a bad mouse and pad.
    all about the cfg imo.

    people who can play, can play with a 5 euro mouse as well.

  8. #8
    Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,223
    Hey guys, relax. If he doesn't want to improve then he doesn't want to improve and that's all. Give him a break.

    Where are you from, OP? That can help to give you suggestions.

  9. #9
    *Noob2012
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tCrown View Post
    Quake, or any FPS or any game, hell even LIFE is all mental. You being where you are is not because of limits, you're where you are at because of your mental game. People like to put limits on things when they really shouldn't. You also gotta dedicate yourself to this game to reach higher levels. I'm a rager, but now i'm choosing to stop playing that drag down mind game and start playing to get good at quake, or any FPS because games are more fun when you're dominating. Don't ever sell yourself short in video games, or in life. What's stopping you from reaching higher levels? you are. If you wanna play for fun, then play for fun. But if you're looking to become good, or even great? stop looking down on yourself, and do what you want to do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqummot83IE

    Someone on these forums gave me that video and it's really hit home with me. GREAT advice from a pro gamer (other games he played at a high level besides Street Fighter 2).
    Thanks for expressing your enthusiasm, but I do not share your same view. My enthusiasm and energy goes to chicks, drinking and parties Here is a list of what I disagree with your comment.

    1. I play for fun and fun is subjective. You do not define what fun is for someone else.

    2. Where did you get the implication that I was looking down on myself? Stating one's ability is not self disparaging.

    3. Not everyone is enthusiastic and a zealot towards video games as you are so there is no selling oneself short of, especially a video game.

    4. Everyone has a certain amount of potential, but face the facts, everyone has limits. Otherwise, we'd all be Hugh Hefner.

    Again, your enthusiasm is apparent and appreciated, but your response is way off topic with these philosophical views that is addressed towards a casual gamer.


    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Hey guys, relax. If he doesn't want to improve then he doesn't want to improve and that's all. Give him a break.

    Where are you from, OP? That can help to give you suggestions.
    Thanks for acknowledging that not all gamers concern themselves or place their priority in becoming "good" or "great" at video games. I enjoy the game to play it casually, but no more than that.
    Last edited by Noob2012; 12-05-2012 at 01:58 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    all about the cfg imo.

    people who can play, can play with a 5 euro mouse as well.
    Yeah, have you actually tried that? I tried playing on a friend's rig in Finland. He basically had a junk mouse and a tiny and crappy pad. Didn't work out that well.

    People truly underestimate what a good mouse and pad will do for you.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts