+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Update - December 4th, 2012

Senior Member Venser is on a distinguished road Venser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _HAMMERTIME_ View Post
    No ramp jumping on Edge servers this year? LOL fail...
    THIS. The hell? Edge is nothing without ramp jump. cmon...

Also, is there any chance we can finally see regular version of The edge?
    Last edited by Venser; 12-04-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Junior Member AgentofDarkness is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

Tobaco, starting server names would start problems from hell, it'll be slandervill, and it's not a major role in enjoying Quake Live, so stop your whinging idiot.

The only thing Quake Live need to be doing right now is just keep bringing in new and old maps, which they have been doing, and people need to start buying Pro if they want to deserve the right to have a little whinge.

But it would be nice to see some more maps from Quake 2 and atleast some from Quake 1.

spekyR
    TrollGamers.net

Member DTBlud is on a distinguished road
    Winter's edge is great, but would you please consider making it a permanent part of the map pool? then you could give all of the CA players a new Xmas gift next year of Rocket Arena 3 mod or 3 team CA for those time when there are only 3 people on a server?
    Please?
    the majority of people play CA, and I think most of them would love one or both of those options...
    Pretty Please?

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    ramp jumping is on.. whats up with you newbies complaining bout something thats already there?

hey spekyr, check the subscribers forum, they will be adding the option name servers eventually. dont be foolish in thinking people would risk their subscription/account because of a stupid name.

also...

Quote Originally Posted by Tabaco View Post
    So still, not really an update... just more useless bug fixes that we can never tell, and allowing xmas maps... where's the freaking server name feature? more command servers permitted?... stop killing quake. Do some real features, you have the ideas, you've had the time.
    im glad they fixed various bugs for the Start a Match interface, which i gladly welcome and so should you, seeing it that you're a pro user.
    Last edited by danstar; 12-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    ramp jumping is on.. whats up with you newbies complaining bout something thats already there?
    Where is it enabled? I don't see it enabled anywhere. I've searched for all Edge servers around the world and each one is ranked - that wouldn't be the case if an unranked setting such as pmove_RampJump was enabled. Some extra proof since you're getting on your elitist high horse - here's a condump of all server info cvars which you can find out from typing configstrings into the console (search for pmove_RampJump and see what value it is set to):
    Code:
     682: \pmove_AirAccel\1.0f\pmove_AirControl\0\pmove_AirSteps\1\pmove_CrouchSte
    pJump\0\pmove_EnableLadders\1\pmove_JumpTimeDeltaMin\100.0f\pmove_JumpVelocity\275.0f\pmove_JumpVelocityScaleAdd\0.4f\pmove_JumpVelocityTimeThreshold\500.0f\pmove_noPlayerClip\0\pmove_RampJump\0\pmove_RampJumpScale\1.0f\pmove_StepHeight\22.0f\pmove_StepJump\1\pmove_velocity_gh\800\pmove_WalkAccel\10.0f\pmove_WalkFriction\6.0f\pmove_WaterSwimScale\0.5f\pmove_WaterWadeScale\0.75f\pmove_WeaponDropTime\200\pmove_WeaponRaiseTime\200
     683: \armor_tiered\0
     684: \weapon_gravity_bfg\0\weapon_gravity_ng\0\weapon_gravity_pg\0\weapon_gravity_rl\0\weapon_reload_bfg\300\weapon_reload_cg\50\weapon_reload_gauntlet\400\weapon_reload_gh\100\weapon_reload_gl\800\weapon_reload_hook\100\weapon_reload_lg\50\weapon_reload_mg\100\weapon_reload_ng\1000\weapon_reload_pg\100\weapon_reload_prox\800\weapon_reload_rg\1500\weapon_reload_rl\800\weapon_reload_sg\1000
     685: \g_allowCustomHeadmodels\0\g_playerheadScale\1.0\g_playerheadScaleOffset\1.0\g_playerModelScale\1.1

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    As far as I can see, rampjump is enabled only on winter FT/iFT servers - it is disabled on regular servers running all the maps.

And speaking of winter iFT servers: is there any real reason as to why we have to spend 10+ seconds voting for the next map, when Winter's Edge is the only available choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    im glad they fixed various bugs for the Start a Match interface
    Not sure what was fixed, but I can confirm that firefox still don't like it when I adjust sliders there. Eh.
    Last edited by NEPHIREM; 12-05-2012 at 01:59 AM.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    lol muffinman, if you can read while connecting to these servers you would learn something = ramp jump is enabled. no need to spam me with any of your garbage.

and neph, the sliders work for me now, regardless if on ff or prism. and the voting time is basically for you to glimpse at the scoreboard, not just to vote.. so yes a bit of a pause is ok instead of an INSTANT change...
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-05-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Senior Member Venser is on a distinguished road Venser's Avatar
    ramp jump is enabled on freezetag but not in ffa

Senior Member kristus is on a distinguished road kristus's Avatar
    Why no proper Winters Edge servers like previous years?

Quote Originally Posted by Venser View Post
    ramp jump is enabled on freezetag but not in ffa
    Because there are no real Winters Edge FFA servers.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by kristus View Post
    Why no proper Winters Edge servers like previous years?

Because there are no real Winters Edge FFA servers.
    can't you spawn one with a pro account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

+ Reply to Thread