+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cant fullscreen

Junior Member Gorby is on a distinguished road

Cant fullscreen

for some reason once i fullscreen quakelive my monitor says 'no signal' intill i restart my whole computer. I've had this happen on two of my monitors and i dont understand why. my screen resolution is 1280x768 and i've set it to match in quake. i've already tried lowering both my monitors and quakelives screen resolution but nothings working. need help and opinions please and thank you

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    You may have a config with r_displayRefresh defined, or wrong r_mode, or something.

My advice is to use the defaults.

If you don't want to reset whole config to defaults, start with setting: r_displayRefresh 0; r_depthbits 0; r_mode -2

i tried resetting to defaults with no avail

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorby View Post
    i tried resetting to defaults with no avail
    Maybe you have an autoexec.cfg and forgot to move it away after settings reset?

nope, theres no way. i mean there was on my laptop, but this is a brand new computer with a freshly installed quakelive on it

also, i tried playing on a freinds monitor and it worked perfectly

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Graphics drivers up to date?

on my computer yes. its my monitor, unless there's graphic updates for that

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Make sure you delete/move/rename repconfig.cfg and qzconfig.cfg when you do the reset defaults via the website.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Well hop on a server (in window mode!) and tell us what your r_displayrefresh and r_mode are. Tell us what your monitor can handle too. At least then we'll be able to take that out for good (or hopefully find the problem there).

If your r_mode is -2, try setting it to your monitor's native resolution (see the list with /modelist I believe).

+ Reply to Thread