+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hardpoint game mode

*yinz

Hardpoint game mode

I've been playing a lot of Black Ops 2 recently (omg no way), mainly a game mode called hardpoint which is great fun. For those unfamilier with the mode, basically a hardpoint spawns on the map, usually a room, teams get points for holding the hardpoint, the hardpoint location changes every 2 mins (i think). Those players out there that know a lot more than me about QL, do you think this mode would work in QL? Theres no mini map in QL which may cause issues, however after a couple of plays you learn where the hardpoint locations are due to spawn next. I personally think it could work in QL, and be fun, but then again what do i know i'm just a COD player (there i said it myself)
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-04-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Senior Member Grandbolus is on a distinguished road
    We do have domination, which seems similar but with multiple fixed holding points.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    In domination you see point markers through walls, so there is no need for minimap.
    Real life? Life is real?!

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I haven't played Black Ops 2 and have refrained from watching any videos regarding it since it came out (In hopes that I can play it on my laptop during a free Steam weekend...even though my laptop is on the low end of their REQs), but how similar to Headquarters is it?

*yinz
    In headquarters both teams try to capture and secure one site on the map , once captured the team that holds it defends but doesnt spawn until the other team captures the site, then the location changes and it starts again. In hardpoint you capture the location simply by setting foot in it, if there are any enemy in the hardpoint the location is 'contested' and will become yours if you kill the oppostion. Hardpoints change position every 2 mins i think and the team that holds the hardpoints for the longest time overall wins. Probably the main difference is that in HQ the site is a lot harder to capture as you have to stay at the location for a long time to cap it. Whereas in HP you can clear the room, enter it to cap it then head off out to stop the enemy before they get near. That and you spawn instantly in HP.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Some sort of dynamic Domination. This sounds interesting.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    I would roll it into the domination mode as an option. Make it so that one of the DOM points is worth twice the others. Make this dom point ineligible for the initial team spawns (ie nobody spawns near the super DOM point). You could also make this DOM point un-repairable in order to help keep the teamplay balanced. With an un-repairable DOM point of high importance you could try to capture it slowly over a number of attacks. Also, if your DOM point gets near being capped it may be a good idea to let a lone attacker capture it and then instantly or near instantly ambush him in order to reset the DOM point "health".

I think that adding options to for people who like domination a lot is probably a good idea. It certainly seems to be the most popular of the PP13 update game mods.

+ Reply to Thread