+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: December 2012 Standard Rotation

  1. #21
    Junior Member NastyTime is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21
    Speaking about subscription people who thought to buy it probably bought it so far because in 4 months you either decide to go for it or stop to play. This is map discrimination and humiliation to all SpaceCTF players. Anyone who decided to go for such move deserves gauntlet punch in kidney and knee one after the other.

  2. #22
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyTime View Post
    May I ask why Japs and/or Ironworks are free for the second time in 4 months and SpaceCTF is not? Is this sabotage or what? And don't tell me Skyward was in map pool and its good alternative or something like that because its not. Should we expect SpaceCTF 2 months in row maybe?
    My guess is to keep the "real" CTF players happy since they're already subjected to a lack of servers. By continuing to use the maps that are actually useful in playing CTF (Space CTF is clearly not, since there's minimal skills you could take from it to carry onto another map) it could get newer CTF players to stay in the gametype.

    Now tomlin, if there's only 1 server to play Space CTF, wouldn't that be all the more reason to purchase a subscribe? It clearly *is* a protest; you said it yourself: "each month Space is not in the map pool is another month I don't renew my subscription". That's pretty much the exact definition of a protest. (It's also technically boycotting, which is against the rules of the forum, so don't be surprised if that gets a warning or something)

  3. #23
    Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by EroticSumo View Post
    I was really hanging out for Winter's Edge insta Freeze Tag having enjoyed it so much last year like everyone else. It was a long wait too, how disappointing.

    You guys at id. just don't get it do you. This was a very popular map and game mode combination and for Christmas you're doing nothing special at all it seems? Just the same old sameeeeeeeeee oldddddddddddd rotation *yawn*, however I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and see what happens in the next fortnight as it's not quite Christmas.
    You do realize that there are still three weeks before Christmas, right? Did you even make the effort to look when the maps were added on previous years? I'll spare you that effort :
    December 15, 2011
    December 14, 2010

  4. #24
    Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,830
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    You do realize that there are still three weeks before Christmas, right? Did you even make the effort to look when the maps were added on previous years? I'll spare you that effort :
    December 15, 2011
    December 14, 2010
    this is true, people mix-up the map rotation with the extras that get added 1 to 2 weeks before xmas.

    also pika, boycotting is a bit different, since beeing an uhappy customer can't be against the rules if you voice your opinion in a legit way. as much as i dont care if space ctf is in the pool, i can understand people asking for it since they rather add maps that have already been there, than a new one (infinity exists for longer than 3 months now) or space which has been gone for quite some time now.

    one things for sure then though, i guess the new year will begin with space ctf.
    Last edited by danstar; 12-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member tomlin is on a distinguished road tomlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post

    Now tomlin, if there's only 1 server to play Space CTF, wouldn't that be all the more reason to purchase a subscribe? It clearly *is* a protest; you said it yourself: "each month Space is not in the map pool is another month I don't renew my subscription". That's pretty much the exact definition of a protest. (It's also technically boycotting, which is against the rules of the forum, so don't be surprised if that gets a warning or something)
    I canceled because the game is not offering me what I want. I wouldn't call that a protest tbh, nor would I say that you're actively protesting the plethora of pay to play games that you're currently not playing. LoL doesn't interest me either but I'm not protesting that because I'm not playing it. I don't play WoW either, am I protesting that too? And it is in no way a boycott, I'm hardly out in the streets with a sign saying "don't purchase QL" am I.

    I see your point and how my actions could be seen as either protesting or boycotting, but those words sound so extreme, when I'm simply choosing not to spend money on entertainment I don't think I'll get much enjoyment out of, and letting the admin know why I'm not enjoying it, and what could be done to make me enjoy it again. aka feedback.

  6. #26
    Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,612
    I can confirm that we will be adding Hoilday maps this seasons, and those have not be explicitly included in the December standard pool list, given that they are not yet available.

    The holiday maps will be added to the standard pool in the coming days.

  7. #27
    Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by tomlin View Post
    ...Space CTF...
    What goes around comes around. Space CTF will be back in the rotation soon.

  8. #28
    Junior Member NastyTime is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    My guess is to keep the "real" CTF players happy since they're already subjected to a lack of servers. By continuing to use the maps that are actually useful in playing CTF (Space CTF is clearly not, since there's minimal skills you could take from it to carry onto another map) it could get newer CTF players to stay in the gametype.
    Your statement doesn't hit the point almost at all and my guess is you collected lot of posts by trolling SpaceCTF.

    Cheers!

  9. #29
    Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,204
    There always has to be one terrible yet somehow popular map that ruins the whole map rotation. Last month it was asylum, this time round it's even worse - coldwar. Bleh! Otherwise it's a pretty damn good rotation! hiddenfortress and brimstoneabbey are top of the list for me.

  10. #30
    Junior Member JohnnyQPublic is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    21
    To add my own 2 cents, give it time, Space CTF is so OVERPLAYED, I rather enjoy not seeing it vote called over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. ID is listening and adding premum maps which is often lamented as lackof contact *whine*. But there is a trade off, Personally I wish the whole map pool rotation had happened earlier in QL, it's been a while so Scornforge will be like playing a new map. As a pro player, I think ID is doing a bang up job in rotating through maps and game types to give pople a little "taste" of what subscriptions are like, I really enjoyed the month where Quakelive had the freeze tag month, so the game is going through a downturn in activity in certain game types, life goes on spawn a server, I have been spawning servers and been having fun matches with the standard map pool, no one screaming or trolling.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts