+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game is ruining my love of it!

*QUACKQUACK

Game is ruining my love of it!

I love some of the classic maps like Campgrounds and Winter's Edge, but I am continually being forced into playing maps I don't like. So I am playing other games like COD Black Ops II. Also the ping in this game sucks to servers outside of my country. I have fibre and yet lag is a big factor in this game.
    I want to play this game but I'm not sure it's worth it anymore. I payed for the original Quake 3 when it first came out, and loved playing Rocket Arena mod - which was free. Quake Live is nice, there is no doubt it could be much better though, especially if they want me to pay for a subscription.

Just my two cents worth...

Senior Member Figgi is on a distinguished road
    All I hear is, "QUACKQUACK."

Senior Member Figgi is on a distinguished road
    lol jk I had too... nothing is perfect, all we can do is continue to show we aren't happy. And all they can do is go, we know, sorry.

Member chaTzon is on a distinguished road
    ye we all should change to blackops2 its way better than quake, better maps - weapons are ultra cool. NOT
    Im a Nab, dont hold the fire!!!

*QUACKQUACK
    Quote Originally Posted by chaTzon View Post
    ye we all should change to blackops2 its way better than quake, better maps - weapons are ultra cool. NOT
    Sure your entitled to your opinion. I disagree of course but what does it matter?

Anyway, looks like they don't really listen to general consensus so I guess I am wasting my time?...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QUACKQUACK View Post
    Sure your entitled to your opinion. I disagree of course but what does it matter?

Anyway, looks like they don't really listen to general consensus so I guess I am wasting my time?...
    The people that post on the forums aren't the "general consensus". They're usually just the most vocal of the players. Usually, those that are most vocal are those that are negative. You can't really take things that people word on a forum with 100% confidence since they're the only ones who would benefit from complaining; the players that are satisfied with the update have little to gain by arguing for what they prefer. (This doesn't mean that it never happens, however)

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    tl;dr OP wants dm6 but refuses to support the game.

Junior Member Bulleh is on a distinguished road
    So...

Who's forcing you to play the game or even maps you don't like?
    You won't pay for a sub so that you can have full access but you're willing to buy new games like COD:BOII, do you think you'll still be playing COD:BOII in a year?
    If ID gave you access to all the maps etc. for free I don't believe you'd buy a sub anyway just like all the other people complaining.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulleh View Post
    If ID gave you access to all the maps etc. for free I don't believe you'd buy a sub anyway just like all the other people complaining.
    There would be no point to buying a subsciption (Or using it). That was one of the reasons they probably switched to the map rotation method.

Member QLPT is on a distinguished road
    If you're too poor to afford $24/year (you have a fiber connection, so I doubt you are), then you don't really have a right to complain. Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Figgi View Post
    All I hear is, "QUACKQUACK."
    Top 5 QL forum 1st responses of all time

+ Reply to Thread