+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road

Hello

Just wondering if there are any sites out that teach you what states of mind to play in (quake, or any game really), best times to play the game, how to break mental barriers, physical condition to be in (ex not obese eating crappy foods), what to do in certain situations, how to stay calm (deep breaths, etc), breaking bad habbits, how to improve in a game (quake or any game), etc etc. Am i just having some wishfull thinking, or there sites out with these tips?

Senior Member tomlin is on a distinguished road tomlin's Avatar
    Well you should eat healthy food regardless of whether you play video games or not.

Everything else depends on the person. For me, I start playing really bad if I'm hungry. Ironically I will sometimes play a lot better if I'm very tired. I think some kind of fight-or-flight instinct kicks in. Some depends on you and how you deal with things being thrown your way. How you cope with pressure. If the enemy talks trash to me, it doesn't bother me. But if a team mate does on a team game then there'll be trouble.
    I'm sure plenty of people that play games like these drink energy drinks or coffee... whatever. Both are bad for you in large quantities and everybody knows that a healthy body makes a healthy mind.

*Embrosio
    I guess sports physiology (i heard pro gamers with anger problems, were helped by one) and poker,chess books help.
    Last edited by Embrosio; 12-02-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Thanks guys and thanks for that link. While i'm not looking to be a pro at video games going to lans and stuff (i'm 28, i got other priorities), i wanna have the mindset where i'm awesome! at video games, because i've been telling myself "you suck sooooooo bad" mentally over the years and where has it gotten me? right where i tell myself mentally. I wanna pick up an FPS and be able to do awesome on it. Quake, Cod, BF, TF2, etc. Ladders are not really my thing, more scrims. For that link above, i found several of his private videos aswell.

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    be mindfull.

+ Reply to Thread