+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can lag or FPS effect weapon switch?

*ardiel

Can lag or FPS effect weapon switch?

I'm having an issue lately with weapon switch (didn't seem to have it a couple years ago..)

For example I'm fighting someone when I have LG but maybe they have an LG or plasma but I have a corner to dodge by and could switch to defensive rocket to finish them off - but the rocket doesn't come out!

This gets me killed since it throws me off. I have my RL bound to V specifically for this technique of pulling out a fast defensive rocket because my thumb naturally rests near it on the spacebar, but I press it some times and nothing happens.

Is my keyboard just turning to crap?

It's also not just the V key. Using a bind to switch to any weapon has occasional failures - it's just this one that always fails under pressure.
    Last edited by ardiel; 12-01-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Senior Member o0MrCheesy0o is on a distinguished road o0MrCheesy0o's Avatar
    Sounds like a key rollover issue. My old keyboard had a 3-key rollover limit, meaning only 3 key presses could be registered simultaneously. Strafing left whilst moving forward and quickly pressing on two weapon binds -- perhaps you wanted LG, but quickly decided rockets would be better, so you end up pressing both binds, one after another -- what happens is you get struck with LG because the rocket launcher key wasn't registered due to the 3-key rollover limit. It's why "gaming" keyboards advertise having a high key rollover, or n-key rollover. All in all, I think you're having a keyboard issue. GLHF!
    Nom nom nom nom!

*ardiel
    Quote Originally Posted by o0MrCheesy0o View Post
    Sounds like a key rollover issue. My old keyboard had a 3-key rollover limit, meaning only 3 key presses could be registered simultaneously. Strafing left whilst moving forward and quickly pressing on two weapon binds -- perhaps you wanted LG, but quickly decided rockets would be better, so you end up pressing both binds, one after another -- what happens is you get struck with LG because the rocket launcher key wasn't registered due to the 3-key rollover limit. It's why "gaming" keyboards advertise having a high key rollover, or n-key rollover. All in all, I think you're having a keyboard issue. GLHF!
    Ahh yeah. That could be it. Some times the PC speaker makes an annoying BEEP sound which means it's yelling at me for pressing too many keys.

+ Reply to Thread