+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CTF mode dead

Senior Member CeeLoGreen is on a distinguished road
    Bad update, limiting your maps
    Merging T3 and T4 players ran off most of the T3 players.
    T4 players Rage at least 3 to 4 players off a server every game leaving teams uneven and unbalanced.

Synch, and the stooges know what is in your best interest, it's best if you all just clogg your pie holes, and be happy with the cruddy maps they allow you to play, as they inch closer each day to the unemployment line.

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeLoGreen View Post
    Bad update, limiting your maps
    Merging T3 and T4 players ran off most of the T3 players.
    T4 players Rage at least 3 to 4 players off a server every game leaving teams uneven and unbalanced.

Synch, and the stooges know what is in your best interest, it's best if you all just clogg your pie holes, and be happy with the cruddy maps they allow you to play, as they inch closer each day to the unemployment line.
    I guess our 3 lousy maps, they just wasnt enough, cause yall like, yoUuUuuUOOOOHOOOOHOOOOH!

Seriously, who thought this up? I realize campgrounds was a bit overused, but it was a good map to develop your game on. Courtyard and Ironworks were also good for the same thing. Now weve got canned heat.... Yea a 5v5 is so fun in there. Why not just cram 10 players inside a sardine can and give them rocket launchers only? I bought premium with the hopes of playing some decent maps, but the only way i can play on those maps is if i take my weeks worth of experience into games filled with old schoolers who know this game inside and out. It wont be fun for me, and it wont be fun for my team either.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-04-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowtips View Post
    I bought premium with the hopes of playing some decent maps, but the only way i can play on those maps is if i take my weeks worth of experience into games filled with old schoolers who know this game inside and out. It wont be fun for me, and it wont be fun for my team either.
    I can get you in touch with premium players more likely to be of your skill levels. Add me.

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    I can get you in touch with premium players more likely to be of your skill levels. Add me.
    sent a request, tyvm!

Member the_devil is on a distinguished road
    The skill differential between quakelive players is so vast, particularly for non subscribers. Joining a public CTF game is hence almost always unbalanced. Being a team centric gamestyle, it can be excrutiatingly painful to have people on your team who don't really know what they are doing. On the flip side, for a new guy, it's not much fun trying to learn a game and have some higher skilled player rant on about how useless you are

I consider XS4ALL CTF the glory days of public CTF due to the players who participated at the time. Sadly this is no more.

Junior Member Platzpatron is on a distinguished road
    XS4all and other always populated osp ctf servers, ctf4 only servers with a community like a bowling club, great mods like jailbreak. That were better times :-(

Junior Member vesp is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by the_devil View Post
    The skill differential between quakelive players is so vast, particularly for non subscribers. Joining a public CTF game is hence almost always unbalanced. Being a team centric gamestyle, it can be excrutiatingly painful to have people on your team who don't really know what they are doing. On the flip side, for a new guy, it's not much fun trying to learn a game and have some higher skilled player rant on about how useless you are

I consider XS4ALL CTF the glory days of public CTF due to the players who participated at the time. Sadly this is no more.
    Seconded

+ Reply to Thread