+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1-flag CTF is completely dead...

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road

1-flag CTF is completely dead...

So i joined a pro spawned 1-flag ctf game. there was a small mod but not game changing. it seemed that everyone who joined left before they even saw what was going on. I've never even seen a post on these forums saying that a pro member would start up a 1-flag ctf server. It must be me...

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Heh. Even with a load of friends I don't think I could get one going for more than three matches. People just don't seem to like it.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    1-Flag CTF is so similar to CTF but it is a mod everyone hates, with good reason... ID Software just wanted a higher quantity of gametypes, so they dreamed up an uncreative ever so slightly different gametype as one that exists... ID is just brilliant sometimes, look at Harvester or Domination.... But this one is a throwaway...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    People don't seem to like it because you're required to have at least 1 other teammate who knows how to play. In CTF a single player can dominate the entire game and they wouldn't "need" the other players. However, since you'd have to somehow run back to the middle after capping, the odds are that the enemy has already gotten it and is headed towards capturing it themselves. Unfortunately, this means that it's more probable that people will get angry at their team when they don't live up to the best player's standards.

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    I don't play it because I just don't like the way it's supposed to be played, I like to be able to not worry about having once chance to do something, like clan arena, which is probably why I play normal CTF a lot.

There you can cap up to 8 times, but you can also slow down a bit if it's needed when time wares down and you're ahead.

Senior Member Chibers will become famous soon enough Chibers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    People don't seem to like it because you're required to have at least 1 other teammate who knows how to play. In CTF a single player can dominate the entire game and they wouldn't "need" the other players. However, since you'd have to somehow run back to the middle after capping, the odds are that the enemy has already gotten it and is headed towards capturing it themselves. Unfortunately, this means that it's more probable that people will get angry at their team when they don't live up to the best player's standards.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell unfortunately. CTF in general is one of the more frustrating game modes for public servers, because most games you're only as good as your team is. Sure one great player can even out three or four mediocre ones, but if you've got more than one person the other team who knows what they're doing you're in for a rough time.
    #TATW
    It's more fun when you're mellow

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    just like all the other modes except CA...

*I4C
    Quote Originally Posted by Biz_ View Post
    just like all the other modes except CA...
    How so ?

Freezetag = http://www.quakelive.com/#!clans/summary/180767
    TDM = http://tdmpickup.eu/
    CTF,CA,RR and duel european pubs.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    All the new game types they brought out earlier in the year were derived from existing Q3 mods. They'd been playable in practice mode pretty much since QL's inception, tho with bugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMlV_DPdUyU

Of all of them 1 Flag is the least popular, but I've found it really hard to even get harvester and dom servers running. It would be nice if you could call vote the gametype - interspersing the odd 1F match into a bunch of normal CTF games would be neat. Having to start a fresh server and invite +etc is a too much of a barrier for a game no-one has really got the hang of yet.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

*ardiel
    1-flag should be a king of the hill type mode. You get points by holding the one flag over time rather than capping it and having it respawn.

+ Reply to Thread