+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sep 3-6 DevPick Servers Online

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    I thought it will allow me to drop runes (for example, getting the flag with Scout and switching to Guard in the base when I'm waiting for flag to be returned). Only potential problem would be Armor Regen (allows for sharing it), but that's what DevPicks are for, right - to see if the problem is real (I don't expect people sharing "A" in pub matches, really).

Junior Member s7e is on a distinguished road
    While I am not a fan of rune maps, this is how it should be by default. It makes much more sense, and it isnt like you can really abuse it besides handing off a rune to a teammate by self killing (which encourages team play, which is a good thing in CTF). You dont have to turn back to base to get a specific powerup, you can usually find the one you want or one that will satisfy you besides just grabbing the one you are spawned next to.

Junior Member sLy1 is on a distinguished road
    grappling hook sucked for Q3. Worked well for Q2 lithium, Insta, and LMCTF.
    Vamp RUne sounds good though!

Senior Member Smilecythe is on a distinguished road Smilecythe's Avatar
    As far as I understand, devpicks are experimental servers. Not neccessarily something to compete with the best idea ever. This solely shows how much better/bad it is to pick runes this way. Be tolerant enough to understand what an experiment is for.

On the offtopic; Insta mod really needs the grappling hook.
    Last edited by Smilecythe; 09-04-2010 at 02:59 AM.

*SiliconSlick
    Have a good Labor Day holiday!

Junior Member 0ld5kool2_0 is on a distinguished road
    I think this should be permanent

Junior Member Sent_KB is on a distinguished road
    Not really a big difference to the existing TA.

In q1ctf and q2ctf every rune/tech existed only ONCE. Haste, Disruptor, Amplifier and Autodoc. You had to search for them at the beginning, control your own techs and kill enemies to get their. Amp and Haste were dropped for the defence, Dis and Doc for the offence. These items were way more important than the current Quake Live techs. If you jeopardize the important techs vs. a quad attack you lost them and maybe the whole map too. They won't just respawn after a few seconds in your base again. You had to fight to get them back which was in many cases even more important than the enemy flag (with the right tech distribution a cap wasn’t really a big deal).

In the current TA approach the techs are just goodies which you can use and lose. The depth of game is decreased significantly this way.

I prefer the q1ctf/q2ctf style.

Senior Member KiteX3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Sent_KB View Post
    Not really a big difference to the existing TA.

In q1ctf and q2ctf every rune/tech existed only ONCE. Haste, Disruptor, Amplifier and Autodoc. You had to search for them at the beginning, control your own techs and kill enemies to get their. Amp and Haste were dropped for the defence, Dis and Doc for the offence. These items were way more important than the current Quake Live techs. If you jeopardize the important techs vs. a quad attack you lost them and maybe the whole map too. They won't just respawn after a few seconds in your base again. You had to fight to get them back which was in many cases even more important than the enemy flag (with the right tech distribution a cap wasn’t really a big deal).

In the current TA approach the techs are just goodies which you can use and lose. The depth of game is decreased significantly this way.

I prefer the q1ctf/q2ctf style.
    Thanks for explaining that. I was curious as to why Q2CTF didn't have respawning runes/techs.

TBH, I think you've got a good point. I don't personally like runes/techs at all, but it does seem that the Q2 system you mention would be an improvement. Right now they're really quite pointless, to be honest, just another hurdle you need to pass through before you're in a competitive state. The Q2CTF system might actually make them into a gameplay element.

*NicoSkateRc
    che como se hace para jugar ??? how to play the game I'm new here

*alencar
    alguem do brasil aki

+ Reply to Thread