+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anti-camp

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Knowing how to play the angles in gears of war makes you an instant cheater to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Member Ironb4lls is on a distinguished road
    I consider campers to be just another environmental hazard, like lava or the crush trap on Xaero's map. Sure, they can be irritating and distracting, but there's no place that's totally secure for a camper. Dislodging them and discouraging them from camping is part of the fun.

Junior Member ZoneZero is an unknown quantity at this point
    camping in q3? wut r u talking about? maybe in ql tier 1 bro. Camping implies lack of movement in a single position = the stupidest thing you can make in any quake match, you'll get railed like crazy. with the speed you can get strafing camping just gives you a disadvantage, since you're an easy target while a fast moving char isnt. Fast nades, rjs, etc make it even stupider to camp since you can get suprised from anywhere.

Your clan controlling a strategical area in ca is a totally different story, that's where tactics come in play. And you still shouldn't stand still or u'll once again get railed.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-05-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: typo

Member Jolteon is on a distinguished road
    Holding down an area is a completely valid and when done right, powerful strategy. Many high level games depend upon doing so, such as holding down mid in ctf, holding down rail on deepinside in tdm, etc, while the 'weak/out of control' team has to find a way to take over the strong area.

Junior Member aush is on a distinguished road
    What's more fun is that I met people whining about camping in the iCTF mode.

Junior Member station is on a distinguished road station's Avatar
    I get called a camper when i sit for maybe 1 or 2 minutes with a team mate in an area. i just lol and go on about my business. A true camper is a counter strike player imo. Iv been quake-ing since 1 and i dont even call it camping. its more a strategy to win, Its CA for a reason . right? i dunno i jus see this as another "troll" rainting about his butt getting popped by a "camper" lol
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-12-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road
    There's nothing wrong with camping - it's a strategy like any other. If it upsets you then it's most likely because you haven't formulated an effective way to counteract someone who camps successfully.
    Exactly. People just want to play it their way. In the case of the new generation of gamer nerds, they don't want to have to think, just bash buttons. No matter how you frag people they will either whine that you are camping, or using one weapon too much, or they got themselves in a 1 v 2 situation in CA or CTF or TDM and whine that you are daring to CHEAT by actually working as a team. If people want to camp in FFA, fine. They just won't win. In team games, it's useful to camp to cover a flag carrier with rail, or catch the last guy in a CA round if he's one of those annoying runners.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 12-13-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    +1 I camp in one spot, but if you ever camp there I will make you feel sorry you ever chose to camp against me... However, don't try to defeat me in that same camping spot either....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with camping - it's a strategy like any other. If it upsets you then it's most likely because you haven't formulated an effective way to counteract someone who camps successfully.

Camping has been around since the first Quake, maybe even before then, and has played a major role ever since in how some people approach the game. Anti-camp measures of all kinds never truly work - if anything they make camping more enjoyable since there's yet another challenge to holding a position.

You should stop telling others how you want them to play the game and start being more democratic - the game is not all about you! There are some things that irritate me too about other players (elitism, being overly serious during warmup, leetspeak, etc.) but I let it slide because - and this is the point I'd like to emphasise - it's just a game.

Kind Regards,
    themuffinman, pro camper since '98

+ Reply to Thread