+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anti-camp

Junior Member year256kFOX is on a distinguished road

Angry Anti-camp

The game in FFA and CA, the two I play mostly, have been dull the past few months.. Why, I ask myself? What is the point in such hectic modes, a need for one player to camp in the doorway or in the weapon spawn place spamming with grenades/plasma/rail/rockets/lg or even gauntlet (asylum top+quad+gaunt or longest yard rail/rocket + quad on top platform anyone?)? Points? Is this what this game has been reduced to? Where is the fun for the rest of the players there?

- My proposition for these modes, and especially FFA to are penalty seconds. there should be a rule or two like thees one's: If a player camps on a spawn-point for a weapon/quad or stays within a proximity of a certain "hotspot" that guarantees that many players just pile right through (small corridors or small empty rooms below a bridge with weapon spawns) and spams the incoming players, should receive penalty seconds of not being able to shoot weapons with the message and countdown for the penalty flashing on his/hers screen in the middle where the cursor should be. Or at least they aren't allowed firing anything except machine-gun. If a player persists on camping, rapid HP draining should suffice. If they persist, kick from the server. If the penalties pile up, a Ban for a few hours.

Of course this proposition has one issue (CA), where a player is cornered in a place and he has to defend himself while being spammed from all directions. but then again if the incoming players spam on the player, they receive the penalty also so the player can run away from the hotspot.

This method doesn't have to be included instantly, there should first be a couple test servers first.

*Embrosio
    In ffa time major items + quad and u have a shot to win, if someone just camps in a spot they lose.
    In asylum if a guy camps with glaunet on top with quad, u can rocket jump up and kill or even kill him with grenade launcher.

CA is CA, you could play attack and defend, basically CA with taking turns attacking or defending.

Banned danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by year256kFOX View Post
    This method doesn't have to be included instantly, there should first be a couple test servers first.
    funny one..

someone who controls the map or plays it the way they want should be punished. great logic right there, especially coming from an FFA player.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    tl;dr: got stomped, ban all better players than me

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    There's nothing wrong with camping - it's a strategy like any other. If it upsets you then it's most likely because you haven't formulated an effective way to counteract someone who camps successfully.

Camping has been around since the first Quake, maybe even before then, and has played a major role ever since in how some people approach the game. Anti-camp measures of all kinds never truly work - if anything they make camping more enjoyable since there's yet another challenge to holding a position.

You should stop telling others how you want them to play the game and start being more democratic - the game is not all about you! There are some things that irritate me too about other players (elitism, being overly serious during warmup, leetspeak, etc.) but I let it slide because - and this is the point I'd like to emphasise - it's just a game.

Kind Regards,
    themuffinman, pro camper since '98

Banned danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    its not even camping that some people hold certain parts of the map for their advantage and then move on ..

besides the mode is called FFA not RFA.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by year256kFOX View Post
    (asylum top+quad+gaunt
    You can actually splash the outcropping near the tele exit which will hit a player sitting there with the gaunt. You can also rj up there from a variety of spots, including the center bridge and from the bottom by using the jump pad.

Avoid going through the tele, or do so only very carefully. You'll need armor to hold on to the quad anyways. Mine as well pick up armor first and RJ up, unless you just want to disrupt things with a kamikaze cess on the quad.

or longest yard rail
    The rail pad can definitely be splashed quite effectively. Usually shoot towards the left as most players will try and dodge that direction (to their right) if they see a rocket coming. Also they tend to stand towards the back so that they have more space to dodge, so be sure to hit towards the back. They are also 100 % vulnerable to mg fire there.

/rocket + quad on top platform anyone?)?
    You can RJ to the quad platform from the bottom by using the back jump pad, or the center jump pad. The players who sit there almost never expect someone to do that and they aren't even watching when they get creamed.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    your playing an fps game, trust me it happens in all of them ;p
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    your playing an fps game, trust me it happens in all of them ;p
    This. No idea why no one mentioned it before.

Camping is of the essence of fps games and is a key part of knowing how to play. It's called "positioning" and "strategy", something halo kids can't understand.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    This. No idea why no one mentioned it before.

Camping is of the essence of fps games and is a key part of knowing how to play. It's called "positioning" and "strategy", something halo kids can't understand.
    You can camp in Halo.. Most of 'em just don't understand how..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

+ Reply to Thread