+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The QUAKE LIVE Console Guide

*TheMuffinMan
    Sorry about the lack of an update recently. I've been pretty pre-occupied of late.

I've decided that through all the dedication both g0vner and Lorfa show to this project and to keeping this thread alive, I'll credit you both as secondary authors in future releases - secondary implying that I still upload each release (at least for now, since I'm getting bored of this project). Not that it means much. It does cut down on giving credit for every bit of input you've both added (as I hope to get the credits properly updated in future).

I've almost got all the entries updated, definitions and everything. I'll try to work on a release for next update if the millions of other projects I got don't get in the way! I'll keep you posted!

Senior Member burn is on a distinguished road
    thx usefull

*DrewPWiener
    Okay, I just scoured the list and did not see this, but it might be there. Are there any commands similar to the ones listed below from this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Q9SvMLMWE

I know the video is from Q3A, but I need some help with circle jumping consistently.

/df_chs0_draw 1
    /bind [key] "VarCommand say Jumps:$chsinfo (140)"
    /df_hud_cgaz 1
    etc.

Thanks for any help.

Senior Member g0vn0r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPWiener View Post
    Okay, I just scoured the list and did not see this, but it might be there. Are there any commands similar to the ones listed below from this video:
    [..]
    I know the video is from Q3A, but I need some help with circle jumping consistently.

/df_chs0_draw 1
    /df_hud_cgaz 1
    etc.
    Nope, no such thing in QL, afaik. Nothing more sophisticated than cg_speedometer.

If you want to troubleshoot your CJs you could try this idea, which has helped me getting aware of jumping too early. But I'm not a good strafer itfp (currently stuck on lane#5 in Raz3r's map) so use this info at your own discretion...

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar

/df_chs0_draw 1
    /df_hud_cgaz 1
    etc.
    Wow, I didn't know they had developed such sophisticated tools for this purpose. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Like gov said nothing of the sort in QL.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
    Sorry about the lack of an update recently. I've been pretty pre-occupied of late.

I've decided that through all the dedication both g0vner and Lorfa show to this project and to keeping this thread alive, I'll credit you both as secondary authors in future releases - secondary implying that I still upload each release (at least for now, since I'm getting bored of this project). Not that it means much. It does cut down on giving credit for every bit of input you've both added (as I hope to get the credits properly updated in future).

I've almost got all the entries updated, definitions and everything. I'll try to work on a release for next update if the millions of other projects I got don't get in the way! I'll keep you posted!
    Thanks muffin, I had some others that I hadn't posted because I was hoping to finish the lot I had written down. Since I haven't really been working on it I'll post what I got:

cg_currentSelectedPlayerName - this shows the friendly
    player that was last highlighted in your crosshair

Com_speeds - Toggles the reporting of game speed data.
    frame#, time (in ms), ev, work, sv, cl, gm, rf, bk, rm

SV should be server, CL, client, GM game time, RF
    renderer time. EV, work, bk and rm unknown.

Default: 0, 1 enables

com_cameraMode - Setting to 1 renders the
    player model invisible with cg_thirdperson 1. Only
    the player model whose perspective the game is from
    is made invisible.

Default: 0

loaddeferred - Command, loads deferred player models manually. This is done
    automatically according to cg_deferplayers. For example you are in pregame
    on a clan arena server, and someone enters and joins your team. You have
    forceteammodel set to bitterman, but for some reason their model is
    showing up as the one they have set for themselves, say klesk.
    Issuing a 'loaddeferred' in the console will reset their model as you see
    it back to bitterman.

*DrewPWiener
    Thanks everybody. I figured as much that they were not available, but I thought I would ask anyway. I fooled around with the Razor map before to no luck, but I will give it another go. It really comes down to just practice - for instance - I can land a B2R inconsistently and usually when I am not thinking about it too much. When I actually try to B2R, I land maybe one in 30 attempts - and that is being generous to myself!

Well, thanks again.

*adyry
    I just added /g_grantItemOnSpawn Kamikaze to cfg and the game is crashing... Can someone help me, how to remove this setting or how to set it to default? (typing /g_grantItemOnSpawn default doesnt work either)

OK i solved it (clearcvar g_grantItemOnSpawn) , can't delete post, sry. BTW Why it doesnt work - I mean - g_grantItemOnSpawn?
    Last edited by adyry; 11-18-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Senior Member g0vn0r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by adyry View Post
    I just added /g_grantItemOnSpawn Kamikaze to cfg and the game is crashing
    The correct way to use the cvar in your autoexec.cfg is :
    Code:
    seta g_grantItemOnSpawn "Kamikaze"
    Now I'd advise against doing so when experimenting with cvars. It's safer to use the console for this purpose, because it's less invasive to your config.

The reset command sets a cvar to its default value, while the clearcvar command sets a cvar to a non-value, i.e the cvar is empty afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by adyry View Post
    BTW Why it doesnt work - I mean - g_grantItemOnSpawn?
    It does, but only in practice sessions, not in online matches

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan View Post
    [..]
    I'll try to work on a release for next update if the millions of other projects I got don't get in the way! I'll keep you posted!
    Yes I see what you mean, having several projects on my plate myself. When doing this, one comes to wonder about the usefulness one day or the other, it's inevitable. If you think that you don't get enough feedback about the guide, I can assure you that it is useful to more people than you can see.

Since id doesn't document the commands/cvars at all, your guide is OBJECTIVELY useful, one could say.
    Last edited by g0vn0r; 11-18-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Thanks muffin, I had some others that I hadn't posted because I was hoping to finish the lot I had written down. Since I haven't really been working on it I'll post what I got: ...
    Nice, thanks
    I think I'll try to work on a release date soon after the next update. I've been busy working on a mapping project and a few bits of programming for Q3 recently. I haven't done anything to the guide since g0vner's last contribution :/

Thanks everybody. I figured as much that they were not available, but I thought I would ask anyway. I fooled around with the Razor map before to no luck, but I will give it another go. It really comes down to just practice - for instance - I can land a B2R inconsistently and usually when I am not thinking about it too much. When I actually try to B2R, I land maybe one in 30 attempts - and that is being generous to myself!

Well, thanks again.
    It is always best to learn something practical by first doing it at half speed. That even applies to other things, even for instance learning new songs on a guitar. It's the same for circle jumps - until a few months ago I couldn't do circle jumps, but then I started a practice game, set timescale 0.5, and loaded campgrounds. After 15 minutes I was nailing B2R everytime! Now I've just got to figure out how to chain jump! I could double jump perfectly in Q2, but chain jump I've got no clue how to do, and there's no tutorials on it either (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by g0vn0r View Post
    It does, but only in practice sessions, not in online matches
    I just lolled at the thought of it being a client-side CVAR! Just imagine the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by g0vn0r View Post
    Yes I see what you mean, having several projects on my plate myself. When doing this, one comes to wonder about the usefulness one day or the other, it's inevitable. If you think that you don't get enough feedback about the guide, I can assure you that it is useful to more people than you can see.

Since id doesn't document the commands/cvars at all, your guide is OBJECTIVELY useful, one could say.
    Yeah I notice that it's useful - the first edition had over 940 downloads and people are still downloading the second edition. Besides having other commitments right now, I also really could do with a new webpage editor other than the ridiculous Word 2003 that loves to mess up an entire table whenever I do a slight adjustment to it! The only other program I have right now is Frontpage '99, but that's ancient. I've heard MS ExpressionWeb 2 is quite good, but it's pretty expensive though.

+ Reply to Thread