+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The QUAKE LIVE Console Guide

Senior Member g0vn0r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    the way you did cg_itemfx is technically "wrong" because theres only 3 numbers to be added together. you dont explain every number in dmflags, do you? i just dont like how its done.
    I tend to agree, it's more concise and elegant to indicate just the meanings of the flags. In the wiki there will be a separate page explaining what binary flags are, because it's no rocket science and it's used for some cvars.

Quote Originally Posted by QuakeBotBR View Post
    My question: why the hell 0.xxf??? Why this "f"??????? lol

I hope i helped
    Yes you did, thx

(the f is for float and basically it means that it's useless to indicate too many digits after the decimal point)
    Last edited by g0vn0r; 02-17-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by g0vn0r View Post
    I tend to agree, it's more concise and elegant to indicate just the meanings of the flags. In the wiki there will be a separate page explaining what binary flags are, because it's no rocket science and it's used for some cvars.
    yeah exactly. having an explanation of each number (2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc.) for dmflags and cg_nomip and all the other cvars that use binary whatever would be much better than doing all the math in the description for the cvar.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    having an explanation of each number (2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc.) for dmflags and cg_nomip and all the other cvars
    This had be done for dmflags so I'll use it as a starting point for a generalized explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by g0vn0r View Post
    This had be done for dmflags so I'll use it as a starting point for a generalized explanation.
    i never saw that... i dont think i read the whole thread, ever. or even the first few posts.

Junior Member djcanard is on a distinguished road
    Hey MuffinMan, I updated my config analyzer with the new cvars. Good job!

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?1341

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    I just noticed your wiki, MuffinMan. Would you mind if I helped out some with it? I could fill in some descriptions for some of the items, and provide descriptions of some of the maps, including trivia.

Just signed for an account yesterday.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    Just signed for an account yesterday.
    lol what a noob, ive had a wikispaces account for like 4 years

Senior Member QuakeBotBR is on a distinguished road
    1)About the "follow" cvar, the explanation isnt right.

When you put a number after de "follow", the spectator will follow the player with that id number (seen with the command "players"), and not the leader, second, etc...

2) There is a cg_AtmosphericEffects [0|1] cvar thats missing in the guide. (I think its values are 0 and 1 - cause the advanced options menu just show: turn on/off those effects, and the reason asks "what the hell more it could do?") =D

3)And, also, the cvar g_forceAtmosphericEffects returns as unkown command by the console.

-----

Is it all right if I post everything I see with an old explanation (maybe that used to apply), or without explanation at all but that I got it? I think u all really have a huge work with that, and all help... helps.

C ya.
    Last edited by QuakeBotBR; 02-23-2011 at 01:56 PM. Reason: To add the cg_AtmosphericEffects and report the g_forceAtmosphericEffects

Senior Member M0NG3R is on a distinguished road
    nevermind
    Last edited by M0NG3R; 02-23-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Is it all right if I post everything I see with an old explanation (maybe that used to apply), or without explanation at all but that I got it? I think u all really have a huge work with that, and all help... helps.
    ANY input provided to help cvars/commands getting documented IS appreciated. In a while, the natural way to do so will be through the wiki itself, but currently it's probably best to post in this thread.
    Of course, you can join the wiki, this grants some rights compared to being an anonymous visitor. But be aware that it moves forward at a slow pace, particularly during the working days of the week.

The 'commands' part of the Console Guide 3rd Edition should be replicated into the wiki within the next 2 weeks. For cvars, it will take quite a bit of more time to accomplish the replication

3)And, also, the cvar g_forceAtmosphericEffects returns as unkown command by the console.
    Many cvars are simply undefined in online games (playing vs human on remote servers). The largest set of cvars is encountered in practice sessions (playing vs bots on local server). Try again in one of those.
    Last edited by g0vn0r; 02-23-2011 at 02:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread