+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The QUAKE LIVE Console Guide

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    cl_serverstatusresendtime: Sets the amount of time (in milliseconds) between heartbeats sent to the master server.

Senior Member QuakeBotBR is on a distinguished road
    Just to make it clear... Its a SHAME that ID doesnt realease something like that. They hope that we will read all the updates releases since the beta (yet, they are not avaiable now, since the upgrade in Ago/2010), so we can know: the cvars, the weapons damage, etc.

I just ask: why cant ID make such tables??? This game is now payed!!!

Whatever...

Nice work with this cvars list.

Quote Originally Posted by QuakeBotBR View Post
    Just to make it clear... Its a SHAME that ID doesnt realease something like that. They hope that we will read all the updates releases since the beta (yet, they are not avaiable now, since the upgrade in Ago/2010), so we can know: the cvars, the weapons damage, etc.

I just ask: why cant ID make such tables??? This game is now payed!!!

Whatever...

Nice work with this cvars list.
    theyre too busy adding stuff like pink skies to make a full, organized cvarlist, or clean up their cvars and remove redundant ones.

cg_itemFx: you shouldn't do all the math, you should just say what is what (1 = bounce, 2 = rotate, 4 = scale when spawning). add them up for whatever fx you want.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    ...but itll be slow, and wont be done for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    o.O
    LOL well that took 'a long time' /sarcasm. Nice. I'll help fill in the missing definitions some time, like that cg_qlhud I already have a good idea of what it does.

Got your fixes, thanks. Although, what's wrong with how I did cg_itemFx? The guide tells you exactly what each value does, isn't it?

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    for g_dropdamagedhealth there doesn`t seem to be a description. The cvar (like the name suggests) basically makes enemies drop health roughly equalivent to how much damage they take. Might want to mention that it`s buggy and the models won`t load up at first.

Just a heads up.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    for g_dropdamagedhealth there doesn`t seem to be a description. The cvar (like the name suggests) basically makes enemies drop health roughly equalivent to how much damage they take. Might want to mention that it`s buggy and the models won`t load up at first.

Just a heads up.
    Thanks. I meant to test it out before release and fill in the description. I somehow recall a DevPick having that enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    o.O
    LOL well that took 'a long time' /sarcasm. Nice. I'll help fill in the missing definitions some time, like that cg_qlhud I already have a good idea of what it does.

Got your fixes, thanks. Although, what's wrong with how I did cg_itemFx? The guide tells you exactly what each value does, isn't it?
    yeah, i worked on it nonstop for a couple days. i had been putting it off for so long, i didnt realize how fast i could finish it.

the way you did cg_itemfx is technically "wrong" because theres only 3 numbers to be added together. you dont explain every number in dmflags, do you? i just dont like how its done.

Senior Member QuakeBotBR is on a distinguished road
    Im happy that i can make a contribution... The last update of the cvars list is from 14th Feb/2011, so I can see u forgot one simple cvar, and thats not an update problem...

The cvar is: cg_drawCrosshairTeamHealthSize <0.10f - 0.26f> (Default: 0.12f)

I didnt find it in ur cvar list (third edition), so i think maybe u forgot it... cause if even I found it, just reading the repconfig file, then u all already know that, cause im just starting in this...

Anyway, its function is to change the size of the health/armor info under the teammates names, at the crosshair.

Personal experience: I aways thought that health/armor info was small... now I got it in a perfect size with 0.23f... (0.26f is too big!)

My question: why the hell 0.xxf??? Why this "f"??????? lol

I hope i helped.

Laters.

+ Reply to Thread