+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The QUAKE LIVE Console Guide

Senior Member Fi is on a distinguished road
    Found some very interesting variables to tweak.

weapon_reload_sg
    weapon_reload_rl
    weapon_reload_rg
    weapon_reload_prox
    weapon_reload_pg
    weapon_reload_ng
    weapon_reload_mg
    weapon_reload_lg
    weapon_reload_hook
    weapon_reload_gl
    weapon_reload_gauntlet
    weapon_reload_cg
    weapon_reload_bfg
    weapon_gravity_rl
    weapon_gravity_pg
    weapon_gravity_ng
    weapon_gravity_bfg

You can set these offline and make your own funky game. Goes hand in hand with the damage variables.

g_damage_sg_tdm
    g_damage_sg_outer
    g_damage_sg_falloff
    g_damage_sg
    g_damage_rl
    g_damage_rg
    g_damage_pl
    g_damage_pg
    g_damage_ng
    g_damage_mg_tdm
    g_damage_mg
    g_damage_lg_falloff
    g_damage_lg
    g_damage_gl
    g_damage_g
    g_damage_cg
    g_damage_bfg

Just a few new there to accommodate the new shotgun.

Senior Member g0vn0r is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fi View Post
    Found some very interesting variables to tweak
    Yes, one can have fun with weapons, but physics can be tweaked as well, as suggested in this post.
    If you can help with documenting some of these cvars, btw, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    I might have a chance to work on getting the next edition out this weekend or next week.
    Ok what you need is ready in my previous post. This next edition will be welcome :)

I'm considering getting a host for the 3rd Edition and the only site I can think of right now is Holysh1t.net (it's time they had an up-to-date list anyway).
    Have you considered hosting it as a wiki instead of a flat file? Inclusion of screenshots, soundclips or even demos would bring some extra value. Additionally, it would be easier to manage the whole thing, and people could browse through the guide as easily, if not more.

Also, if SyncError is reading this, you might want to consider implementing the guide for the in-game console, much like the pro server commands in ? all have definitions included
    I doubt they'll ever do this. Anyway it would be a major stepback imho, because a lot of detailed info you've put in the guide would be lost.
    Last edited by g0vn0r; 02-04-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g0vn0r View Post
    Ok what you need is ready in my previous post. This next edition will be welcome
    Coming soon.

Have you considered hosting it as a wiki instead of a flat file? Inclusion of screenshots, soundclips or even demos would bring some extra value. Additionally, it would be easier to manage the whole thing, and people could browse through the guide as easily, if not more....
    It's a great idea, and would likely give me the majority of the features I've been looking for in a site. I registered quakelive.wikispaces.com a few days ago, I'll experiment with it a bit sometime and see whether it'd be good enough. Also, if you register on the site and I add you as a member of the wiki, then you can give it a try at editing the pages.

3RD EDITION RELEASED!

Changelog:

- A helluva lot of stuff

g0vn0r and myself have been working on a Quake Live wiki. If all goes according to plan, this entire project will be based there, along with a weapons/items guide, menu and HUD creators guide, map guide with overviews etc., and more! We're struggling with the free account and it's lack of functionality so if you're a fan of the project and you've got too much money, then maybe you'd wanna be a sponsor

Mods if you're reading this then feel free to add something like "[3rd Ed. 14 Feb '11]" to the end of the thread title.

Download 3rd Edition:
    HTML Format
    Last edited by TheMuffinMan86; 02-14-2011 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Fixed link! Oh yeah baby, oh yeaaah!

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    AWESOMEEEEE! been waiting for an update, actually. there was a lot of stuff taht i needed/wanted, that wasnt in v2.

EDIT: the download link redirects to the same post... you forget what was on your clipboard?

EDIT2: you should let me in on the Quake Live wiki team :P

Quote Originally Posted by KittenIgnition View Post
    AWESOMEEEEE! been waiting for an update, actually. there was a lot of stuff taht i needed/wanted, that wasnt in v2.
    So when's WolfCam cvars/cmds happening?

EDIT: the download link redirects to the same post... you forget what was on your clipboard?

The OP was correct, the post above yours was wrong and is now fixed :P

EDIT2: you should let me in on the Quake Live wiki team :P
    quakelive.wikispaces.com
    I guess you could do pages about WolfCam. You need to join the site first and then apply on the wiki to be a member.

So when's WolfCam cvars/cmds happening?
    well... i got really bored with it, and ive been stuck like 1/2 done for a while. with this update, i backed up my config and started fresh, and im just messing around with different cvars. ill slowly add info for all the cvars, but itll be slow, and wont be done for a long time.

The OP was correct, the post above yours was wrong and is now fixed :P
    thank you

quakelive.wikispaces.com
    I guess you could do pages about WolfCam. You need to join the site first and then apply on the wiki to be a member.
    wolfcam isnt the only thing i have experience with, you know..

THIS is the right thread for this!

not 100% sure what it does in QL, but r_nocurves disables rendering of curved surfaces in q3. "disables curved surfaces" doesnt really get the point across.

--

awesome guide though, im working on my config some more, and im working up from a default config so im remaking the actual config and adding info to all the cvars as well. and ive been using your guide for at least 1/2 of all the cvars.

--

r_debugsort has a typo: "A debuging tool..." (debuging > debugging)

--

r_lightmap has a typo: "Enables the light data lighting modal." (modal > model?)

--

r_enableBloom has a mistake or something. In the "usage" column, it says 0 = disable 1 = enable, but in the description, it says <0|1|2>.

--

sv_mapchecksum is a value, not a toggle. and im not 100% sure what it does, but i think it contains the checksum for the current map, for server/client matching.

--

g_log is a value, not a toggle. it contains the filename that game logs will write to.

--

com_maxfps has a typo: "Maximum rendered frames per seconds." (seconds > second)

--

com_cameramode makes the player invisible in third person, but also allows you to use any key on the keyboard for binds in demos, not just uparrow/function/etc.

Senior Member g0vn0r is on a distinguished road
    g_log is a value, not a toggle. it contains the filename that game logs will write to.
    This contains a filename indeed, but it's not THE logfile, this one being qconsole.log
    Any clues about the nature of data being logged in the former?

Anyway thx, this is going to be useful in the near future

This contains a filename indeed, but it's not THE logfile, this one being qconsole.log
    Any clues about the nature of data being logged in the former?

Anyway thx, this is going to be useful in the near future
    i dont think ive seen a file called qconsole yet, so i dont know whats in it.

itll also be useful for me. cant wait until you guys figure out all the unknown cvars, since everything ive mentioned is just small errors.

EDIT: i just searched the html for "qconsole", and the cvar "logfile" controls the output to qconsole.log...

EDIT2: the cvar logfile controls output to qconsole.log (its a toggle). qconsole.log contains everything in the console, but g_log (a value) controls what file all the game info (times when stuff happens, for example: 0:03 Item: 0 item_armor_shard) is dumped to.

+ Reply to Thread