+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 17 in Linux - Cannot play anymore!

Junior Member Zurd is on a distinguished road
    Thanks kilagor, that is the best solution at the moment ! I don't know what this setting do and there is no documentation whatsoever on it, but I see no difference in my firefox with this setting disabled.

Here's how to easily apply the fix : In a new tab, type about:config, click the button, search for dom.ipc at the top, and for the line dom.ipc.plugins.enabled, double-click on it to turn it off.

Play quake

My firefox crash from time to time, I can't confirm but I'm pretty much sure it's because of this dom.ipc.plugins.enabled config, I will change this setting only when playing QL and I will reset it back to default after. Reference : https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=733322

Junior Member __neo is on a distinguished road
    disable dom.ipc.plugins.enabled is not soluion for me ... after set this optins to false crash firefox when I try to join game .. Have anybody solution how to fix it ?

Thx

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    It has been confirmed in the bug report (here) that this will NOT be fixed in Firefox 18.

The fix has been committed, but it remains to be seen whether it can be included in Firefox 19 or will we have to wait till 20.

For now, stick with Firefox 16.0.2 on Linux.

It has already been confirmed then that 2013 will NOT be the year of the linux desktop lol

Junior Member jaybirdhero is on a distinguished road
    Same thing with me, but whenever I click join it says "You are downloading required data and must let it finish before you can join an online match"... Anyone know anything about that?

Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdhero View Post
    Same thing with me, but whenever I click join it says "You are downloading required data and must let it finish before you can join an online match"... Anyone know anything about that?
    That's a different problem, dunno about it sorry.

*neurotrigger
    I am using Debian, it stopped working in squeeze with Iceweasel(Firefox) 10.1, now with Wheezy and Iceweasel 17, still doesn't work.

But it always worked flawlessly with QLPrism: http://www.qlprism.us/download/

Problem was just solved in Firefox 19.0 beta 2, don't feel like installing it tho, I'll just wait 3-4 weeks for Firefox 19 and hope that there won't be this problem anymore

Junior Member nhpropwn is on a distinguished road
    the same problem, ubuntu 12.10, firefox 18

+ Reply to Thread