+ Reply to Thread

Thread: instant messages

Member Chimaira is an unknown quantity at this point

instant messages

Hey everyone. I was looking for my problem all over the forums here but I couldn't find an answer so I decided to make a new thread.

I'm curious if there's any possibility to set instant messages for certain keyboard buttons? I remember that in Quake 3 Arena you could open console and type there "bind button 'x' say 'whatever'". I've seen many people posting such messages so I'm sure there's a way to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Well it's exactly the same thing in QL. Here's a sample from my config :

bind l "say Thanks"
    bind k "say Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"
    bind p "say That's what she said"
    bind . "say This isn't even my final form"

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaira View Post
    Hey everyone. I was looking for my problem all over the forums here but I couldn't find an answer so I decided to make a new thread.

I'm curious if there's any possibility to set instant messages for certain keyboard buttons? I remember that in Quake 3 Arena you could open console and type there "bind button 'x' say 'whatever'". I've seen many people posting such messages so I'm sure there's a way to do this.

Thanks in advance.
    Be advised that the console is locked in QL by default. CTRL+ALT+TILDE opens it (tilde is the button under ESC).

You may also do /com_allowconsole 1 to open it permanently, so it will come down when you press tilde alone.

Member Chimaira is an unknown quantity at this point
    Oh, I see. I thought there's no console in QL (well, it's a browser game so it might be slightly different). Anyways, thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread