+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solving the empty lower tier premium-server problem

Junior Member Neutral_Milk is on a distinguished road

Solving the empty lower tier premium-server problem

So I bought premium last week only to discover there's nearly never tier 3 servers running and I get pwned in tier 4. I think this is a problem for many that would otherwise buy/keep premium that the skill level is generally much higher than in pubs.

It would be good to have 1 tier 3/2 premium server for CTF/CA/Ffa available to standards and then have premiums be able to go on a waiting list and have the standard players kicked from server when the next game starts. This way you can guarantee people that pay get some fair competition without giving F2p players the same advantages as premium players. This would motivate a lot of less-skilled players to keep paying because as it stands I'm not likely to keep paying for content that I can barely use due to lack of sameskill players.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    So in other words, screw over the players in tier 4 even though they also have the same issue playing in games generally. We just have more Pro-spawned servers that get players because we've got more friends that join our games.

This would never be done, only because kicking players for not purchasing would completely remove the Free to Play aspect.

Junior Member Neutral_Milk is on a distinguished road
    No I mean just have 1 special server for tier 3 players, this would probably insta fill up with standards, but these players need to get lucky to have room on server because theres only very limited number of spots.

This way tier 3 premium players can play people there own level, while standard players can sometimes play premium maps on this server if they're lucky to find an available spot, they'd only be 'kicked' at the end of a match to let premium players join. This way tier 3 premium players are guaranteed to find a server to play on. Because now theres basically none most of the time which makes most lower level players insta-unsubscribe imo so I think this could be a way to break that vicious cycle.

This would just be one or 2 special servers in addition the ones available now, so people who want to be able to play continuously without the chance of getting kicked at end of a match could still play on the normal servers.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    I usually run a packed T3 CTF Server. The problem is..I'm healing from a broken leg and the Evil Doctors took my beer away!

So..I've been stuck in T4 cause of being sober. But I should be able to drink again soon..So keep a look out for my T3 server when I get kicked out of T4..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

+ Reply to Thread