+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Teamstacking legal?

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road

Teamstacking legal?

Teamstacking, spamming random votes so that nobody can call shuffle votes, and flooding chat with 'PRESS F3'.
    Can you get banned for that?

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    send demo to support@quakelive.com and ask

prob yes is answer unless u joined private server where they wanted cw or something...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Technically I'm pretty sure it's "legal". Just go to spectate if it happens in hopes of aborting the match. I did that a couple of days ago in a CTF and we ended up having a really close game (I personally had a crappy game, but I hadn't noticed I was in California and I hadn't activated cl_autotimenudge. My rails were horrible with 75 ping :P)

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Flooding and blocking votes should definitely be ban material, "team stacking" should not (as everyone is allowed to vote to their liking).

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I just noticed there was more than teamstacking. Probably should read better right when I get up :P

The flooding chat and calling votes repeatedly is definitely reportable for harassment (Or just spam itself)

Teamstacking itself depends mostly on the players in the server to fix if they feel it's wrongly skill-matched.

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road
    Teamstacking as a form of stat-padding is definately against the TOS.

It would be hard to prove an infraction though.

Teamstacking can get abusive sometimes. I have seen a few players jump to spectator just before a callvote shuffle goes through (making teams uneven). Then once the shuffle goes through they join the team with fewer players, thereby hopelessly stacking the team. The shuffle gives the underhanded team the top players and then the joiner pushes the team over the top. If the joiner is above average the result is a stomping in CTF.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    if you overdo it, anything is a trap !

Member skeletonface is on a distinguished road
    Whether or not stacking is against TOS shouldn't matter too much. The point is, it makes for a really bad game. So many CTF games end up as 8 - 0 whitewashes. It's no fun being on the receiving end OR on the winning team. (Unless you are one of those sad stackers who hates a tough game). You can always tell who is voting against the shuffle. For a start, they will currently be on the team with the player who has done the best in the previous game/games. Secondly, if a shuffle vote is about to be passed, they jump to spec instantly. In fact, many people just spec as soon as they join the server and wait until they get a chance to join the winning team. The more stacked one team gets, the more people ragequit off the other, and those fair players who always autojoin always end up on the team getting hammered, while the winjoiners wait for a chance to get on the winning team. It needs to be stopped.

+ Reply to Thread