+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Should i learn jump with mouse?

Member General is on a distinguished road
    uh... I can zoom and duck at the same time, do it all the time.

q is pinky, about the only thing I use my pinky for is zooming.

Ring finger is used for jumping and crouching.

Middle finger is used for strafing...

and my index finger is for +forward... you've played me, you know my index finger gets a workout, lmao.

Not making any changes man, been playing like this for years, not about to change it now.

I originally built my config so I could quickly talk **** without moving my control hand

I guess I could jump with mouse2, but I think my ring finger would be pissed, it would probably start twitching.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I've never heard of a setup that doesn't feature a finger on each strafe. So you alternate your middle finger between e and r to strafe?

Member General is on a distinguished road
    ya, you alternate yours between +back and +forward?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    ya, you alternate yours between +back and +forward?
    Yes! This is less critical than strafes! Also, in my opinion the fingers have greater dexterity going up and down than side to side, especially the middle finger.

*tCrown
    I'm getting into Mouse2=jump. I play cod4 every now and then so i added it to Cod4 to help my finger habbit.

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    A single finger handling both strafe keys = zero chance of becoming any good at dodging. Strafe jumping is affected, too, though not as hindered.

*Earthsea
    UPDATE:

I like it a lot with M2, keeping it this way.

*tCrown
    I'm used to Mouse2=jump, but now i suffer in other games i play because of it. But i use mouse2=jump for them aswell (to help with QL). SHould i get off M2? or just keep playing through using it. My only problem is i'm bad at rocket jumps now aswell.

Senior Member Grandbolus is on a distinguished road
    enterrr the training center

Junior Member Luj1 is on a distinguished road
    Most people use m2. I used mwheeldown for jump in CS and after in q3 also. I've tried m2 but it was messing with my aim.
    Last edited by Luj1; 12-27-2012 at 12:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread