+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The quake tragedy

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    The real tragedy is those mad players who always complain about every single aspect of QL w/o suggesting anything except "giving QL away for free will surely save it" and "make a COD of it".
    Luckily there is still a lot of decent people in this game, who is slowly, but surely appear in my friend list.
    Real life? Life is real?!

*Dojima
    It's hilarious to me that id has the balls to charge a yearly price for a 13 year old FPS game. They had a small but regular playerbase, and by not listening to them, they've all but killed the game. Incredible.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDoubleU View Post
    The real tragedy is those mad players who always complain about every single aspect of QL w/o suggesting anything except "giving QL away for free will surely save it" and "make a COD of it".
    Luckily there is still a lot of decent people in this game, who is slowly, but surely appear in my friend list.
    The funny thing is they don't know current CoDs (Elite) are more expensive than QL and it is not even the same business model.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    The funny thing is they don't know current CoDs (Elite) are more expensive than QL and it is not even the same business model.
    The CoD games are new, the people who actually created the game are seeing their money. Even though you may not like the amounts, it's not your business, what they're doing is legit.

Quake 3 Arena is very old. People should not pay for that game any longer or I think they're being cheated. The original makers of the game aren't seeing any of that. What people are getting for their money is server bandwidth and updates to the game. Thinking you're getting the gameplay is an illusion, so you can't compare it with CoD games because it's not comparing like with like. One is a game, another is a server service with significant tweaking.
    Last edited by quakestreme; 11-22-2012 at 11:12 AM.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Junior Member smajdah is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Dojima View Post
    It's hilarious to me that id has the balls to charge a yearly price for a 13 year old FPS game. They had a small but regular playerbase, and by not listening to them, they've all but killed the game. Incredible.
    So true! And those others who say it isnt a lot of money, no it isn't. You get great stuff for being pro but that doesn't matter. You shouldn't be force to pay for playing dm6. Before there was a lot of duel/CA servers... now there is almost none. Only a few premium (CA) more on duel though. They have killed the game for "the public/casuals" but not for the most dedicated ones..

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by smajdah View Post
    So true! And those others who say it isnt a lot of money, no it isn't. You get great stuff for being pro but that doesn't matter. You shouldn't be force to pay for playing dm6. Before there was a lot of duel/CA servers... now there is almost none. Only a few premium (CA) more on duel though. They have killed the game for "the public/casuals" but not for the most dedicated ones..
    Someone has to pay for entertainment (players side) and work (businesses). Advertising alone failed miserably (2 companies went out of business), so what do you propose.

A good alternative is making it straight pay 2 play (no free users).....which is the same as paying to play dm6. You know what game was like that? q3, dm6 wasn't in the demo.
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-22-2012 at 03:22 PM.

Senior Member Effinlag is on a distinguished road
    i just came back after 16 months away. to say the least, i was disappointed at what i saw when i logged back on this game. NA servers are basically all empty, and so is my friend list. i would love to buy a sub again, but its just a waste to spend the money to spawn servers in a dead region.

its a shame too. this game has some of the best pure gameplay that has ever been found in the gaming world. sadly, its been run so poorly that no new players are attracted, and they seem content to just milk every last penny during the ride the game to the bottom.
    Scheme wit' my team, just a chosen few. My foes victims of explosives, come closer, exhale the fumes.

Senior Member Biz_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    i don't get why people are still complaining about how id runs the game. QL is basically the only free FPS that isn't pay-to-win. the fact that they haven't charged for anything important in 4 years is praiseworthy. you should be singing that from the rooftops...

and if you don't like it go play quake 3. it's not like id shut it down or anything... but q3a (pre-QL) was deader than QL is today.

+ Reply to Thread