+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fps dropping for players in my server only.

Junior Member ILLaGhee is on a distinguished road

Fps dropping for players in my server only.

Friends are having issues only in my server with fps any idea whats happening someone will be sending demos of it very shortly any suggestions what it is.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLaGhee View Post
    Friends are having issues only in my server with fps any idea whats happening someone will be sending demos of it very shortly any suggestions what it is.
    Try restarting the map, as there is a bug that happens when a server has been idle for a while that causes rockets, jump pads anims, and various other anims to be shown at a low framerate, or appear to be missing frames. Whether or not this affects things like physics or damage is not clear. It does not appear to.

Otherwise fps drops on your match only doesn't make sense. In fact, server lag will not cause fps drops at all.

The lag problems would apply to all matches at that server ip..

Senior Member Ikaruga is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Try restarting the map, as there is a bug that happens when a server has been idle for a while that causes rockets, jump pads anims, and various other anims to be shown at a low framerate, or appear to be missing frames. Whether or not this affects things like physics or damage is not clear. It does not appear to.

Otherwise fps drops on your match only doesn't make sense. In fact, server lag will not cause fps drops at all.

The lag problems would apply to all matches at that server ip..
    Op's claim might worth some investigation tbh. I agree that it's extremely unlikely that it's QL, and more likely that they just had bad luck with the heavy loads on the server side or with the new anticheat measures, etc... but I also getting a lot of similar feedback from my friends who are connecting to my server from the same location (eg.: they are accepting my inv to a DE server while playing on a DE server).

All I'm saying that you can never be certain anymore;]

+ Reply to Thread