+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Won't Let Me Play

Senior Member SergeantRock44 is an unknown quantity at this point SergeantRock44's Avatar

Quake Live Won't Let Me Play

All of a sudden I try to log into servers, and it gets to the log in screen with the big red Quake emblem, the IP address for the server, the "awaiting authentication..." that ticks off the seconds, and the "awaiting challenge" and "press esc to cancel" at the bottom...

and it ticks off the seconds and ticks and ticks.....I leave it ticking for 10, 20, 30 seconds. Still doesn't let me join....

This used to do that when there weren't spectating room on the servers, back when if it was 8/8 on a server, it would tick away.

But it's doing this for me now even if I try to join a totally empty server.....just ticks and ticks and ticks, and never lets me on. And I just got through playing a couple of matches, but now it won't let me join. What's going on???

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Does the console report any errors?

Senior Member SergeantRock44 is an unknown quantity at this point SergeantRock44's Avatar
    It has stopped....apparently I logged out of a premium server, and that's when it started, but after a while and a few hours it stopped. There were no crash reports if that's what you mean about console errors....It normally goes to the load screen and the "awaiting authentication" part, but only after 3 seconds or so it lets me in. But that time for some reason it wouldn't. I have no idea why it did this, but it appears over now.....

It's doing it again tonight...here is what I'm seeing:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/536/quakelive.jpg

I left the PC and watched some TV (Spiderman 3 was on)....and came back..it got up into the early 200s before I hit "esc" and got out of it. The server was nowhere near full when I tried to log on...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeantRock44 View Post
    It's doing it again tonight...here is what I'm seeing:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/536/quakelive.jpg

I left the PC and watched some TV (Spiderman 3 was on)....and came back..it got up into the early 200s before I hit "esc" and got out of it. The server was nowhere near full when I tried to log on...
    That'd be because of this

Well, we'll see....I just got froze on that screen again....went off to watch some Entourage rerun on Spike TV and came back, and it was still counting up to 281......

Well, we'll see....I just got froze on that screen again....went off to watch some Entourage rerun on Spike TV and came back, and it was still counting up to 281......
    I believe it'll continue to count after a while of nothing happening. Try a /reconnect in the console eventually.

Also the server index on the home page is whacked.....I see a "friend" playing on a CTF server from CA (California) over on the right side, and see 2 particular people playing in it. Then I check a CA match on a VA server as shown on the standard index, and those same 2 people are shown there as well. The CA (clan arena) server has been frozen on it's status for 15 minutes now. Really impressed with the development team these days....
    Last edited by SergeantRock44; 11-20-2012 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I believe it'll continue to count after a while of nothing happening. Try a /reconnect in the console eventually.
    How do you access the console when not in a server? The "~" key doesnt work....

Also the server index on the home page is whacked.....I see a "friend" playing on a CTF server from CA (California) over on the right side, and see 2 particular people playing in it. Then I check a CA match on a VA server, and those same 2 people are shown there as well. The CA (clan arena) server has been frozen on it's status for 15 minutes now. Really impressed with the development team these days....
    You do have to remember that it's only 2 people working on the development. They can't do everything at all times. They *do* deserve vacations like the rest of us. Can you take a screenshot of both of the servers with the same people in it? I'll let sponge know about it tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread