+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Anti-Quitter idea

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar

Exclamation Quake Live Anti-Quitter idea

You should do this - When someone quits midgame he can't join any games even training match until the game which he quitted ends. Please add it because its annoying.

[edit : only for CA/CTF/TDM/A&D/etcTeamgames.]
    Last edited by ephix1a; 11-15-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Pretty good idea actually.

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    waddya trying to be like black ops 2?

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    So yeah, I start a ctf game and in first minute of playing my connection breaks and I drop out of server. 30 seconds later my conn is back but NO!! Let's wait 30 minutes to play again. Brilliant!!!!

EDIT: OP quits 26% of his games.
    Last edited by NEPHIREM; 11-15-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MexicanPadre View Post
    waddya trying to be like black ops 2?
    Well for black ops 2 it's 5 quits, and you get banned for 5 minutes not untill the game ends. But I don't really care which games use it, I just need it.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPHIREM View Post
    So yeah, I start a ctf game and in first minute of playing my connection breaks and I drop out of server. 30 seconds later my conn is back but NO!! Let's wait 30 minutes to play again. Brilliant!!!!

EDIT: OP quits 26% of his games.
    Well, when your connection breaks and you timeout it will let you join again, but if you timeout more than 10 more times you will have to wait because you could just restart your PC from the ON/OFF button.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    so instead of me be able to quit a match, i'll just afk the whole game for the lolz
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member JohnCoffy is on a distinguished road JohnCoffy's Avatar
    That`s why team game types should be played with your friends or at least with people who you know well enough - otherwise it`s disappointing result in ~80% of games...
    I`m back in quake after very long break.....

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ephix1a View Post
    Well, when your connection breaks and you timeout it will let you join again, but if you timeout more than 10 more times you will have to wait because you could just restart your PC from the ON/OFF button.
    QL counts connection timeout same as quit, unless you somehow manage to rejoin and resume the game before your spot gets taken. I'd still love to hear the reason why is "punish the quitters" so needed when you yourself quit 26% of your games.

..... You scored 4 quits in a row today. All in CA. Total duration of those games is roughly 110 minutes. So, you should have been locked out of any games for 110 minutes, and that's only today. You still think it's a good idea?

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    im all for quiters being punished 5 min ban or whatever good idea.. but better idea 30 mins or so ... allow option for person to reconnect to the game if timeout... for them not to be punished...

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quitters ruin pub games and the vast majority of quits are due to people going 1 or 2:0 down early on. Rather than stick it out and try to make a game of it, they take the easy route out and look for another game that they can win. It's pretty pathetic.

Why start a game if you don't mean to finish it ?

OP's idea has merit. reconnect would let you back in if you really did have some sort of connection issue.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread