+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scroll wheel jump doesn't work properly

Hybrid View

Junior Member pierow is on a distinguished road

Scroll wheel jump doesn't work properly

This has happened in previous versions of ql and was fixed for a few months but has and seems to be an intermittent problem. I have mousewheel bound to jump and it has stopped working properly since the last patch.

For a while it wasn't working at all so I changed the bind to "+moveup;wait" and it started working again. I was just playing and that bind has for the most part stopped working now, and it' not because of the wait command. If i slowly move my scroll wheel one click a second it executes the command randomly every 1-6 times I scroll. I switched back to the "+moveup" bind and it worked the same half broken way briefly, but now that doesn't work at all when I join other servers and the "+moveup:wait" still only registers a fraction of what is is supposed to. This problem is not a hardware issue, I bound other commands to scroll wheel and they register with each click just fine.

The game seems to be very fickle with what types of binds it will accept on what servers and patches, and it will accept them one second then not the next.

edit: this is a result of multiple sleep/wake states on windows. restart your computer to fix it.
    Last edited by pierow; 04-26-2013 at 06:06 PM.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    pierow I had issues with toggling wait on certain mouse buttons and it would lock up (whichever one I was trying to use mouse1/2/3/4/5) /reconnect and it came back to life. binding wait to anything but my mouse works fine though
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Well the only reason I added a wait was because the +moveup command alone stopped working for some reason. I've tried multiple servers and reconnecting but the command behavior seems to be random each time.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    i tried using in_mouse -1/1/2 and got same issues. it is an odd bug
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

For some reason it started working fine again since sunday. I expect it to come back sometime though. Were there changes on the servers?

+ Reply to Thread