Closed Thread

Thread: Fps only at 1(All other games are working just fine)

Junior Member rapha is on a distinguished road

Fps only at 1(All other games are working just fine)

Earlier today I was playing some and I had 125 fps like I'm supposed to have. All of a sudden tonight qlive is really taking up alot of resources and I'm only getting 1 fps. It's crashed 4 times. I've attempted to restart my pc, delete configs from my folders, reinstalled the plugin and even used a different browser(my main is FF). All to no avail.
    Other games are working just fine. I'm still getting 140ish FPS in shootmania so it's obviously not just that my pc is dying. Anyone else run into this issue recently?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    According to other users, they report that updating their drivers fixes this.
    Source

Junior Member rapha is on a distinguished road
    Sorry, I had forgotten to mention that I tried this as well and still the same result. Thanks for the reply.

*1NSOMN1A
    if its on turn post_process off, for me it suddenly turned on and i needed 1 week to find the mistake

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    1 fps means for sure that the game isn't using your GPU at all, rapha. Can you still run Q3A or other games using an OpenGL renderer?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    I actually had Quake Live crash for me (frozen screen, repeating sounds) yesterday for the first time in years. I waited a while, and it unlocked itself, but of course I had since timed out. I just did a \reconnect and I was fine.

I checked my CPU and it was running a bit hot, so I thought it may have been that.

One thing you can do is check repconfig.cfg for "r_gl_renderer". If it's set to GDI Generic it means that QL is not seeing your graphics card.

Why you would one day have this be fine, and then have this problem the next day is quite mysterious though. Did you install any new software or make any system changes recently? No malware or viruses? Temps ok?

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Issue reported as being fixed.

Closed Thread