Some time ago I've decided to work on some cool project for my portfolio. Since I'm Quake fan, I choose to redesign existing QL website. My objective was to improve user experience, give better look and feel. I took 3 key pages - Match Browser, User Profile and Start a Match screens. There are a lot more, but I have some time limitations so I've decided to move with these 3 screens. The work still in progress, there are some inconsistency, but I can't wait to share it with QL community in order to get valuable feedback
Here is the list of improvements:
- New look and feel. Dark, modern, clean
- Improved match browser.
- Smaller thumbnails, 4 items in row
- Color codes for better skill level indication
- Multichoice filters, player can specify several criteria, for example you can filter matches to display only for DE and UK locations
- Improved friends list area
- Now it has "Invitations" tab just to keep all important invites. In the current versions it's really easy to miss match invite since these are displayed as regular chat messages
- Multiple floating chat windows (inspired by GMail and Facebook)
- Better visibility and more control over your own servers, players can see the all the match details available in regular match browser plus controls to join and stop server.
- Improved "Start a Match" screen. When the server is starting, the entire website is not blocked by modal window, so you can browse it without any interuptions
So, enough talking, here is the link - http://pk69.com/projects/qlr/