+ Reply to Thread

Thread: id skillratingsystem SUX

Junior Member maiiden is on a distinguished road

id skillratingsystem SUX

hey everyone,
    the skillratingsystem totaly sux in ql. i am a bit frustrated about this. my skillrating is 146 and i am playing on an server with an overall skillrating of 350 (2on2 game). i do the second best score of all players and win the match with my mate with 8:4. truely he was total devastating. after this match i just want to check out if my skillrating rised up. it still stands at 146!

on an other day i played 10 1on1 with an overall skillrating of 110, ok that is not high, but i won all the rounds with 10:3 or so.

guess i am not the only one who feels a bit frustrated :-/

all games played in ca

Member TCM is on a distinguished road
    As far as I know overall server skill rating has nothing to do with it.

Skillrating doesn't mean anything past 100 anyway

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    qlranks works like that ....but it only truly works for duel because it is broken for the other tracked mods (tdm and ca). For example the tdm community uses an internal system based on pickup matches (irc) and in ca you can get to the very top by winning 1 match lol.

So if you want to compete with numbers play duel.

Junior Member maiiden is on a distinguished road
    i really guess the overall skillrating has nothing to do with it, because i played now 3 games in lower t4 and dominate all, after that my rating rised to 152. mmm sytem anyway
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-13-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maiiden View Post
    i really guess the overall skillrating has nothing to do with it, because i played now 3 games in lower t4 and dominate all, after that my rating rised to 152. mmm sytem anyway
    Unless it's changed recently the skill rating algorithm is very simple. If you're in the top third of the server (by points scored), you get a rating boost, bottom third and your skill rating goes down.

You came second out of four, which places you in the middle so no changes to your ranking. That's all there is to it.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by maiiden View Post
    Well it is made for very simple matchmaking but nothing more. As I said, if you want bragging rights (especially considering no one else can see your internal skillrating besides you) what you have to do is play duel then check www.qlranks.com, which is independent elo tracking (skillrating does not use the elo system) and it tracks everyone without having to create a qlranks account.
    Everyone starts at 1200 then the sky (or hell) is the limit.
    http://qlranks.com/ca/player/maiiden
    http://qlranks.com/tdm/player/maiiden

Thing is qlranks doesn't really work for tdm and ca, check the top players there if you want to confirm it is broken (if you are lucky you are top1 with 2 wins lol), so if you want numbers you have to play either duel (qlranks) or tdm pickups at europe using irc, which is the second independent rating system there is. Technically it is qlstats which tracks different irc channels but anyway.
    http://esreality.com/post/2340480/tdmpickup-news/
    beta.quake.cz/qlstats/tdmpickup
    http://beta.quake.cz/qlstats/qlpicku...il/desc/rating

To put an example, right now dahang is top1 in duel (qlranks) and noctis in tdm (qlstats/#tdmpickup); though at the end of the day what matters are tournaments especially lans, in which cypher and rapha are the best duelers by far (who are #10 and #5 respectively in qlranks) and in tdm it is either colwn or noctis team.
    And of course both aren't perfect since there's no elo matchmaking and no global matches, so dahang is the one with the highest elo in NA, killsen (#2) is the highest in europe, fraze (#7) is the best in oceania, flesh1 (#8) in southamerica and so on.

btw here is a list of tournaments being played this week. Practically all of them are going to be streamed, as you can see by pointing over the video icon.
    http://esreality.com/post/2343005/up...-ql-12-18-nov/
    "Cup", "draw", "targetquake" and "challenge" mean a one day cup (lots of matches). Times are displayed using your timezone, so it can't be easier to play or to watch.

It's pretty obvious quake is not dead. It's just people don't know about all what's going on behind the scenes since it is not promoted on the official site. Just those 3 links (qlranks, qlstats [irc channels], esreality [just the useful threads lol]) are an eye opener and there's much, much more going on.

Continuing with tournaments and streams, for example this week in europe there are 5 leagues (long duration) and 15 cups (one day or short duration), lots of them with prizes. Highlights this week are the dh warmup cup (Thursday. $500 to the winner and a dedicated show), Zowie QL challenge (Saturday. First zowie cup and hopefully new stable quake sponsor \o/), and faceit ($125 all sundays). Be sure to check at least one eurocup tdm match (because the casters are levelup and they are awesome) and one ctf (HoQ. No idea how they are).

Next week there's that + dreamhack winter (22-25), a streamed lan event that no idea why it isn't embed on quakelive.com. It literally is as important if not more than quakecon.

edit: To be more concrete, if you want to watch QL today you could now watch zoot playing tdm pickups (http://www.twitch.tv/ZootLive), then the 125fps daily cup, then faceit levels5&9 (yep there are cups for all qlranks elos. Don't confuse that with faceit sundays), then 4 eurocup XXVI matches (tdm). Literally can spend all day watching quake in a weekday lol, or play in them if you want.
    What I'd watch though is the warmup cup on thursday, faceit on sunday and dh:w next weekend (I think it starts next friday but not sure, check esr), because those 3 are all pro/semipro full fledged shows.
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-13-2012 at 09:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread