+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best enemy model

Junior Member copydaaigoedou is on a distinguished road

best enemy model

Hi there, just wana know what the best enemy model is. I played against tankjr for a while but the problem is that it's to big(easy to spot but makes it difficult to shoot him). If one's a programmer one would understand the concept, but I'll try explain it. With tank jr, lets say u have a rg and your cursor is on his shoulder. when you shoot, your shot was on him, but yet it missed(did no damage). That is because the parts of the model cover extra parts which are outside the hit zone. So you can shoot him there, you technically got a good shot, it should have hit him, but it did no damage. Si tank jr is to big. I then went back to the default, which is the keel guy. The problem with him is that there rae parts of his body which are to small. Like you can aim next to his head(your cursor is definitely not on his head) and your shot will hit him and still do damage.

I hope you udnerstand what I'm trying to say. So it boils down to: What's the very best model(give me link to image on google, don't know the names) that represents the invisible " hit zone". So that when I shoot a guy on his toe I know that that shot will definitely hit and do damage. Not a model where I have to think" that shot might not hit even though my cursor is definitely on him".

Any help is appreciated

Junior Member Pocahontor is on a distinguished road
    In my Eyes Keel!

There is a pretty good Thread about the Models:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-don-t-miss-it

Junior Member copydaaigoedou is on a distinguished road
    doesn't provide me with solution, oh well, guess there isn't a solution.

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    There is no spoon, so deal with it.

Member TCM is on a distinguished road
    There isn't a model that perfectly matches the hitbox.

Personally I prefer keel because through rails are annoying as hell

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    I used Keel for awhile but have been using Tankjr for a year or so.

I like Tankjr best for it.

Senior Member o0MrCheesy0o is on a distinguished road o0MrCheesy0o's Avatar
    It would be real nice if we could just have the hit-cylinder filled with an opaque color - no enemy "model". I see no reason not to allow such a feature; it's the most accurate depiction. Anyway, the two best available models are TankJr and Keel, and they both should be used! If you have a relatively high ping use TankJr. His model is slightly bigger than the hit-cylinder, and it's okay to aim at those outlying parts because it'll still register as a hit in some cases! For example, if your opponent runs through a doorway and strafes left -- for cover -- then when you still see a tiny sliver of an outlying piece and shoot at it it'll still be a score because the actual bounding box lags behind the player; TankJr makes playing on a high ping (I play on 75-80) a bit more fun. For servers where your ping is relatively low use Keel, as undershooting your enemy in such environments won't often yield benefits. Plus he's apparently louder <>. GLHF!
    Last edited by o0MrCheesy0o; 11-13-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    Nom nom nom nom!

Banned jigglywiggly is on a distinguished road jigglywiggly's Avatar
    I use keel, his sounds are way more distinct than thankjr's.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by o0MrCheesy0o View Post
    It would be real nice if we could just have the hit-cylinder filled with an opaque color - no enemy "model".
    Eww, no thanks. I've lamed down the graphics enough already, I'd rather not be shooting at green cylinders holding a gun model.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by o0MrCheesy0o View Post
    It would be real nice if we could just have the hit-cylinder filled with an opaque color - no enemy "model".
    This would be interesting as we could more clearly see problems with the netcode. Although better imo would be if the hit cylinder was shown with maybe 25 % opacity with a normal model inside.

I'm not sure if I'd like to play like that though. I think it would be distracting.

+ Reply to Thread