+ Reply to Thread

Thread: allow server admins to toggle /away in user name

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar

allow server admins to toggle /away in user name

Some people setup servers and are afk alot/all of the time. If your not playing on DOA's server, you might not know if that person is afk or waiting for others. If the owners could toggle /away /afk and have it idk change the name color or stand out so people know they are not playing.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Some people have AFK/Spec kinds of clantags (I personally have Spec|), but nobody tends to care what you've got as the clantag if they need players. I'd F1 this if that could be allowed to include a /speconly thing so subscribers could spectate invisibly on any server (Or just be set to a "spec-only" spot)

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    i have the /away tag if you need it :P

anyway, allowing invisible specs sounds unnecessary and just for creepers, will never happen.

imo just create a tag and dont care what people say, if you cant/don't wanna join you just simply won't join. period.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    i have the /away tag if you need it :P

anyway, allowing invisible specs sounds unnecessary and just for creepers, will never happen.

imo just create a tag and dont care what people say, if you cant/don't wanna join you just simply won't join. period.
    The only reason I suggest the invisible thing (or just a "spec-only" section) is because it'd stop people from kicking you just for not joining. (They supposedly think that it shows the spectator as a number in the server, but that's not true. Proof)

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    simple solution then, make it visible if you're ready to join (not a queue though), or just there to spec like on duel servers, voila.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    simple solution then, make it visible if you're ready to join (not a queue though), or just there to spec like on duel servers, voila.
    Well as I said, I'm saying this would be available on *any* server, so you can watch your friends in tier 3 play a game without having to use another account.
    As it stands, us tier 4 players can't even spectate a lot of games because we're not allowed into the tier 3 servers at all. With this addition, we'd be able to watch without the hassle of getting harassed to join.

+ Reply to Thread