+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tiers are all wrong

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar

Tiers are all wrong

At the moment imo im between tier 2 and 3. Obviously thats where i should be untill good enough to move to tier 3.

Problem is if i win 3 or 4 games i move to 3 where i finish bellow 3rd 90% of the time, then im soon down to 2 again Why is quake so keen to move players up through the tiers? Why is there only 5 anyway?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    There's only 4 tiers.

There's only 4 because of the small amount of a playerbase. If there were more players then it's possible that it could be changed back to 5 like it used to be, but I don't foresee this ever happening unfortunately.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    your skill level can change dramatically based upon the skill level of who you beat/lose to
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    your skill level can change dramatically based upon the skill level of who you beat/lose to
    I don't believe skill level matters based on your opponents, but I could be wrong. I think it's only based on where you are in the scoreboard.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adderall View Post
    Only in duel.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRAS View Post
    At the moment imo im between tier 2 and 3. Obviously thats where i should be untill good enough to move to tier 3.

Problem is if i win 3 or 4 games i move to 3 where i finish bellow 3rd 90% of the time, then im soon down to 2 again Why is quake so keen to move players up through the tiers? Why is there only 5 anyway?
    To be fair,the amount you have played you belong in tier 3.....spare a thought for us average players that are stuck in tier 4 with the big boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    there are no tier 3 servers for ctf anymore, everyone is a t4 these days which ends up in bad mash-ups.

*Icey_Pain
    Well in every gamemode, they tend to score winning games with +50 or less. Then you lose 1 game out of 5, and BAM -500. Losses sometimes weigh much stronger than winning ever will, as losing one game completely reverses any progress you make. The system is flawed, that's for sure.

Member TCM is on a distinguished road
    Tiers have always been lousy, there's not much you can do about it I'm afraid
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 11-13-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    so true. however .. come on. i'v been T4 CA for six months now, it's ridiculous that i lose once and i wind up in T3. not fair to the T3 players either.

+ Reply to Thread