+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rules for server owners

Junior Member Scroxe is on a distinguished road

Rules for server owners

Hello, are there any rules for servers created by players? I repeatably saw unfair behaviour of server owners... For example few minutes ago server owner was in team that loses 3-9 and he kicked all players and ended the match...
    Is this price that we must pay for free servers or are there any rules that also sever owners must follow?

*Embrosio
    There are server owner *******s in every game(ok..some don't even allow people to have servers ), just like abusers and cheaters.
    Block them and never go to their server again.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroxe View Post
    Hello, are there any rules for servers created by players? I repeatably saw unfair behaviour of server owners... For example few minutes ago server owner was in team that loses 3-9 and he kicked all players and ended the match...
    Is this price that we must pay for free servers or are there any rules that also sever owners must follow?
    If you have that on demo, send it to support@quakelive.com. While it's technically "allowed" seeing as they were able to do it without any immediate repercussions, it's definitely against the rules.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    i wonder if it makes any difference if the servers are ranked or not with the same example, official response pls.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    highly doubt it would a difference if a server is ranked or not, and pro users are not simply allowed to kick with zero reason, imo the kuick function should be removed altogether if users abuse it. as pika mentioned you can send in demos to support@quakelive.com

perhaps what is needed is development of a system where certain privileges can be removed off persons. eg, ability to kick / ban players removed when/if abused. ability to place users into spec removed if abused. etc etc. the ability to add scores was removed for all pro subscribers as that was apparently enough frequently abused by a fair few unscrupulous server masters..

maybe a gentle reminder in start a match should be given, where there is clear rules for server spawners given where they have to read at least once per game type spawned would be a good idea. I know of one pro account user that has been given an official warning for kicking players when his team was losing..

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    i agree runny, but what if someone has issues with another player, assumes cheating... and the likes. you can never prove either side wrong (ofc kicking an entire team is ridiculous).

everyone who pays for their server has the right to keep certain players away from their server if they dont want em to be there - else whats the point? if its used for stat-padding it will be against the rules which is why i ask if theres a difference to ranked and unranked.

i know a player whos been banned one week after owning pro, after 3 years+ stat-padding he went to a higher level on his own server by abusing it and NEVER losing a match.

Senior Member runny is on a distinguished road
    yeah would be good to keep some persons off your server, such as a persistent ban list by player id :> its been a commonly suggested feature which would be very nice to have...

Currently via block list, you can add players at the moment, unless they have a friend on your server, or a direct link to the server / ip address i believe they are unable to join if added into block lists...

perhaps if specific privileges removals can be introduced it could pave way for naming of servers appropriately

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread