+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: You killd TDM, why ?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    *FreakBoutique
    Guest

    You killd TDM, why ?

    I was inactive for half a year. Recently I entered the game and was wondering, why nobody played TDM? No I realize that it is impossible to vote decent map. For FFA, CA and others games types nobody cares about map. But TDM is another game type.

    A friend of my bought premium account and he is not able to invite me to TDM game, since I have to buy premium too. Why ?

    I would pay money for playing ... But even if I buy premium, not enough to play with.

    Please, return voting to TDM. It should you affect your profit, since nobody plays TDM at all.

  2. #2
    *FreakBoutique
    Guest
    Another option is making the whole game paid. This model with premium/pro/free is not working at all. Just decreasing population of the players

  3. #3
    *Icey_Pain
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakBoutique View Post
    Another option is making the whole game paid. This model with premium/pro/free is not working at all. Just decreasing population of the players
    The issue here isn't that there's several subscription levels, the issue is that the subscriptions don't synergize well with the free to play model. Subscription should add to the game in a way that allows the buyers to get an advantage that doesn't require the free users to suffer basic things like a lack of map voting.

    And TDM still has a small but lively community left, atleast here in Europe. That said, I do agree that free users should have map voting.

  4. #4
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,204
    beta.quake.cz/qlstats/tdmpickup

    And that's just matches organized using only irc and in the last 11 months.

  5. #5
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Just for the record, the OP bought a Pro account about 2 hours ago.

  6. #6
    *FreakBoutique
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Just for the record, the OP bought a Pro account about 2 hours ago.
    Yes I bought pro and today me and my friend we were waiting 1 hour to play with someone on premium server.

    This fix is ridiculous. The problem is, that people how make decision regarding evolution of quake live are not players themselves.

    I believe there are much more ways to earn moneys making game more competitive, ratings, tournaments etc

  7. #7
    Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakBoutique View Post
    Yes I bought pro and today me and my friend we were waiting 1 hour to play with someone on premium server.

    This fix is ridiculous. The problem is, that people how make decision regarding evolution of quake live are not players themselves.

    I believe there are much more ways to earn moneys making game more competitive, ratings, tournaments etc
    I already gave you the solution in the third post. Plus there's qlpickup.ru too, who has the same amount of matches.

  8. #8
    Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,637
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakBoutique View Post
    For FFA, CA and others games types nobody cares about map. But TDM is another game type.
    Actually the vast majority of people who play those game modes care a lot about maps and hate the situation the way it is now also.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

  9. #9
    Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    the vast majority of people
    [citation needed]

  10. #10
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    Actually the vast majority of people who play those game modes care a lot about maps and hate the situation the way it is now also.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    [citation needed]
    *vast majority of forum posters from this category

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts