+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You killd TDM, why ?

*FreakBoutique

You killd TDM, why ?

I was inactive for half a year. Recently I entered the game and was wondering, why nobody played TDM? No I realize that it is impossible to vote decent map. For FFA, CA and others games types nobody cares about map. But TDM is another game type.

A friend of my bought premium account and he is not able to invite me to TDM game, since I have to buy premium too. Why ?

I would pay money for playing ... But even if I buy premium, not enough to play with.

Please, return voting to TDM. It should you affect your profit, since nobody plays TDM at all.

*FreakBoutique
    Another option is making the whole game paid. This model with premium/pro/free is not working at all. Just decreasing population of the players

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    beta.quake.cz/qlstats/tdmpickup

And that's just matches organized using only irc and in the last 11 months.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Just for the record, the OP bought a Pro account about 2 hours ago.

*Icey_Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakBoutique View Post
    Another option is making the whole game paid. This model with premium/pro/free is not working at all. Just decreasing population of the players
    The issue here isn't that there's several subscription levels, the issue is that the subscriptions don't synergize well with the free to play model. Subscription should add to the game in a way that allows the buyers to get an advantage that doesn't require the free users to suffer basic things like a lack of map voting.

And TDM still has a small but lively community left, atleast here in Europe. That said, I do agree that free users should have map voting.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakBoutique View Post
    For FFA, CA and others games types nobody cares about map. But TDM is another game type.
    Actually the vast majority of people who play those game modes care a lot about maps and hate the situation the way it is now also.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    the vast majority of people
    [citation needed]

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    Actually the vast majority of people who play those game modes care a lot about maps and hate the situation the way it is now also.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    [citation needed]
    *vast majority of forum posters from this category

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    [citation needed]
    My evidence for this in-game is the fact that usually the vote is very heavily in favour of a known good map, though there are occasional exceptions in the voting. There are also people complaining in-game about it even still.

I was looking at my history one day and saw numerous profiles that had plenty of activity before the map update and suddenly they were just gone. Gone, finished with quake live forever... never to set foot in Quake Live again. Hardened, accomplished players.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

*eugene_
    Здесь играют ТДМ реже чем на #tdmpickup, но зато с TeamSpeak-ом и на Московских серверах.
    http://beta.quake.cz/qlstats/qlpickup-ru-tdm
    http://qlpickup.ru/

+ Reply to Thread