+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Clan Arena Oddness

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    I will note that right above you said it has nothing to do with individual skill.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I will note that right above you said it has nothing to do with individual skill.
    could have put it clearer. Point is "ca skills" aren't translated to "quake".

Anyway, "ca is chess" never gets old.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    I literally almost spitted my coffee. QL forums never fail to amuse me, and it always confirms the concept of "perma noobs".
    Dunno how many CAs did you play, I had a brief episode in Q3 when I was obsessed with CA, was even in a CA-only clan. Now I don't play it that much, so maybe I'm not that well versed in a QL iteration of this gamemode, but still.

You don't udnerstand what I said. This gamemode is not heavy on thinking, that is true. By chess I meant it's position-dependent and heavily team-based. Depends with who you play ofc. I have such a memory of CA from a time when that mode meant something more and was even considered "fun". Maybe now it's really a noobhouse.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

so tdm and duel are phd rocket science then? Anyway, the quote goes to my signature.

lets see if it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    so tdm and duel are phd rocket science then? Anyway, the quote goes to my signature.
    Compared to CA they are.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    I wouldn't really do that considering what happened above.

Nonetheless, I think checkers might be a better example. Checkers has "infinite" (from a human perspective) possibilities as well, but all the mechanics are relatively simple.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    I wouldn't really do that considering what happened above.
    Every decent player knows that what I wrote is true, both on the team and individual skill sides of it. Problem is there are no decent players on the official QL forums posting regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

*Icey_Pain
    Guys, this topic should not be about how much you despise CA for being a simple gamemode. Especially considering some of you tend to carry a certain bias against the gamemode and the people playing it. While Pub-CA will never be something more than mindless shooting, the bias shows when people think that organised play can't bring forth some kind of mindful gameplay.

I wouldn't try to compare CA to chess, because it isn't. CA does not have powerups, but the lack of self damage and the ability to use all weapons from the start create freedom of movement. You're no longer tied to going certain routes in order to stay stacked. This means that positional gameplay can be executed much faster than in normal gamemodes.
    I've seen some high level CA in Quake 3 and it was really amazing to watch, but right now the bias in Quake Live is so strong people couldn't even change their opinions about it even if they were being slapped with proper CA gameplay in the face.

Which is really why I would request a lock, because this thread clearly isn't about the original subject anymore.

+ Reply to Thread