+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clan Arena Oddness

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowtips View Post
    im not sure why ca is so popular in america.
    Just for the record, it's the most popular gametype all over the world, not just America.

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Just for the record, it's the most popular gametype all over the world, not just America.
    Mc Donalds enjoys worldwide popularity too. Doesnt mean its quality.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowtips View Post
    Mc Donalds enjoys worldwide popularity too. Doesnt mean its quality.
    This would have been better as a response to your own post, not to his post, which was just giving you extra information on the topic seeing as how you specified America.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    This would have been better as a response to your own post, not to his post, which was just giving you extra information on the topic seeing as how you specified America.
    Especially since I fully agree that Clan Arena sucks.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Clan Arena sucks.
    It always did.

TBH, that's the only gamemode meant strictly for clan engagements. Clans used to be (not many are today outside the pro scene) extremely well-organized and finely tuned. Each and every member knew what to do and what not to do. People cover each other, provide long range support from semi-fixed positions. Real, true CA is a game of chess where each player takes a specific position and then moves to another to again pin the enemy and damage them. Real CA teams also operate in a way that there are guys for close encounters, ppl who support from the distance and so on. For example, if your teamm8 has immense LG and dodging skills, he will be excellent @ wearing enemy team down. If he sucks at dodging, you give him faraway position to rail the enemy and pester them and finish off leftovers. Etc etc.

Current CA is totally useless in that it is mostly no longer a tool for waging clan wars and clan scrims/trainings. It is a pub gametype. What happens next is something you all know.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    Perhaps. I specified America because there are usually 10-15 ca games showing, but everything else is extremely slim pickings. Europe seems to have a much better variety to choose from, but my ping is too horrid to really be able to play on their servers.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    I enjoy plenty of success in public CA. What I do at the start is I head toward the designated gathering point. If my team is there, I join in. If they're not, I get the hell out of there. I win a fair bit more than I lose with this strategy.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess
    I literally almost spitted my coffee. QL forums never fail to amuse me, and it always confirms the concept of "perma noobs".

CA, RA3 and so on are absurdly simple and there's literally 0 strategy or team and individual skill involved above "focus this guy, then target this one". It is one aspect of the game (positioning, out of 10+) that is simplified due to the nature of it (practically no angle play), and won't teach you anything about how to play competitive mods (not even dodging and aiming).
    TBH Halo>CA.

Here's an explicative picture, just change the second game to ca:
    http://www.esreality.com/files/inlin...maniaquake.gif
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-30-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    CA, RA3 and so on are absurdly simple and there's literally 0 strategy or team and individual skill involved above "focus this guy, then target this one".
    The simple fact that some people are miles better at the mode than others kinda throws a wrench in your theory. Not that I agree with Lolzy, but you're swinging equally wrong in the opposite direction.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    The simple fact that some people are miles better at the mode than others kinda throws a wrench in your theory. Not that I agree with Lolzy, but you're swinging equally wrong in the opposite direction.
    It's because they are better individual players, not because of ca's marvelous strategy. And again, ca is useless for the competitive mods that are considered to be ..."quake", therefore "top ca-only players" are not quakers since it is a different uber simplified game (shootmania has more depth, and that says a lot).

But anyway, I just had a good laugh with "CA is a game of chess".
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-30-2012 at 06:44 AM.

+ Reply to Thread