+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clan Arena Oddness

*Icey_Pain

Clan Arena Oddness

Now I know most of you hate CA for whatever valid reasons you might have. It however still is the most populated gamemode during some hours of the day.
    And to those that enjoy an occasional CA game, I want to ask the following.

Should you always stick to your team, even if they do stupid things that get us all killed?

Here's the scenario:

I joined a CA game and my enemy was neatly organised, holding a single location on the map. My teammates just rushed in, and I went along knowing that I needed them in order to win. Of course you can imagine the spamming that was going on and the horrible slaughter of our team as the result.

So after 2 rounds I decided that it wasn't working very well and I attempted to pick the enemy off one by one. With some limited succes, I managed to kill a few enemies. But in the end I would be the last survivor on my team, and getting fragged shortly after.

And my teammates were rather annoyed, they thought I was camping because I was the last survivor in some rounds. Blamed me for not sticking together. And I would agree that sticking together usually results in better survival chances, but I find it annoying that they get mad at me for not jumping off a bridge with them.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    When I used to play Clan Arena I hardly would stick with my team if it meant getting killed easily in the first few seconds of the match. I tend to do better with hitting and running than being inside a group of people and getting killed that way.

However, in an organized CA game (I lol'd), it's best to stick with your teammates. If you find yourself being alone and your teammates are making note of this, instead of going bridge, try going to rail and picking them off that way. That way you're still in the fight, but you're not in the middle of all the fighting.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    A public game is not a life or death match, especially of lol ca. Just do what you want.

Don't listen to people that are 1/2 your skill, who fell in the being skilled illusion that silly gametype gives.
    Last edited by megaman3; 11-09-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    That is acting as sniper Icey_Pain, it's a well known idea in TDM where you will have some people taking the vast majority of the rails. If your opponents are busy battling your team mates, your score will tend to be skewed upwards a bit (remember you will also likely be last alive and so your frags will be a lot easier), however IMO it can without a doubt be an effective team strategy if done right..... if your team mates take up favourable positions they may be able to give almost as much as they get while you will get 80hp every couple of seconds with rail shots and probably not take damage.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Cool story bro.

Fact is, the only time you should stick to your teammates is when:
    -they're your pals and you know their gameplay style and you know that what they do is sure, professional and clever.
    -they're your clanmates and you know their gameplay style and you know that what they do is sure, professional and clever.
    -they're not your pals but you can see their gameplay style and you know that what they do is sure, professional and clever.

Other than that, steer clear.
    I generally think that all team based pubs are a huge hit-or-miss thing here. Basically, its several people of different skill, methods, ideas, approaches and expectations playing in two teams and trying hard to understand each other. This generates three types of matches:

Type 1: Retardetron 2000
    This is a match where everybody does as they please, and since most of them are into doing stupid things it all revolves around idiotic decisions, failed attempts at bravery, stupid chat banter and a lot of spam. Result: Total unexplained SNAFU.

Type 2: Lucky Strike
    That match basically happens once in a while. It is a match where all the teams are perfectly spot on.People happen to understand each other, cooperate and do things they should be doing. They think and cooperate what results in a tight but satisfying game.

Type 3: Facing the Wall
    This is the most revolting scenario. You plus several other tramps end up against a stacked team (often consisting of minimum 3 guys from the same clan). Plus this team does not want to shuffle and definitely won't pass on the occasion to farm this unlucky situation. What happens is that each and every one of your unorganized bunch of amphibian s**t (to quote Sgt Hartman) gets nailed, isolated, destroyed and laughed at. Try as you may, you won't win against 4 people of the same or slightly better skill in a team game when the rest of your team is completely living the Type 1 match.

So there you have it. CA or otherwise. Run as you may, you cannot escape.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Member Cabbe is on a distinguished road

Well

In my opinion if you consistently avoid the fights at bridge on dm6, for example, and you go pillars or rail to get easy hits with the rail while your teammates occupies the opponents, then you have to be a really good railer (at least 60 % consistent aim). The big problem with 90% of these guys playing this way, what we call +back game, is that they are not good railers, in fact they are often not good at all and they have just adjusted their game to play defensive in order to not get owned in near fight because lack of skill. What happens is your team will be slaughtered and you will be hated by your team for being too defensive.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    YOU SHOULD DO .. what lolzy said.

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Cool story bro.

Fact is, the only time you should stick to your teammates is when:
    -they're your pals and you know their gameplay style and you know that what they do is sure, professional and clever.
    -they're your clanmates and you know their gameplay style and you know that what they do is sure, professional and clever.
    -they're not your pals but you can see their gameplay style and you know that what they do is sure, professional and clever.

Other than that, steer clear.
    I generally think that all team based pubs are a huge hit-or-miss thing here. Basically, its several people of different skill, methods, ideas, approaches and expectations playing in two teams and trying hard to understand each other. This generates three types of matches:

Type 1: Retardetron 2000
    This is a match where everybody does as they please, and since most of them are into doing stupid things it all revolves around idiotic decisions, failed attempts at bravery, stupid chat banter and a lot of spam. Result: Total unexplained SNAFU.

Type 2: Lucky Strike
    That match basically happens once in a while. It is a match where all the teams are perfectly spot on.People happen to understand each other, cooperate and do things they should be doing. They think and cooperate what results in a tight but satisfying game.

Type 3: Facing the Wall
    This is the most revolting scenario. You plus several other tramps end up against a stacked team (often consisting of minimum 3 guys from the same clan). Plus this team does not want to shuffle and definitely won't pass on the occasion to farm this unlucky situation. What happens is that each and every one of your unorganized bunch of amphibian s**t (to quote Sgt Hartman) gets nailed, isolated, destroyed and laughed at. Try as you may, you won't win against 4 people of the same or slightly better skill in a team game when the rest of your team is completely living the Type 1 match.

So there you have it. CA or otherwise. Run as you may, you cannot escape.
    This post post should be given *Legendery* status.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    This post post should be given *Legendery* status.
    Thanks a lot man. But I wonder why do people do not listen to this even though teamplay is fairly old gametype so they should've matured by now
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Member Hollowtips is on a distinguished road
    lol awesome post lolzy.

im new to this game, but it really seems like ca is a mindless game type. im not good, and ive got a lot to learn, but i do much better at ctf, ffa, and tdm than i do in ca. it always seems like one team just finds a room and spams the entryways with rockets and grenades until theyve killed off a couple attackers, then they just go rocket rush the remaining players down. it really feels mindless.

im not sure why ca is so popular in america. probably because people are lazy and dont want to actually start from nothing and build up. its much easier to have 100 rockets and grenades so you dont have to actually learn to use a weapon that requires skill. i love working on my lg and rails, but its often a useless endeavor because of all the explosive spam.

+ Reply to Thread