+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: about fov.

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Why would you change field of view?

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by eduguy View Post
    Why not? you play with what you're comfortable with. I like the 130 FOV. Trying out different resolutions. I use default everything else in quake except resolution/sensitivity/fov, i'm working on changing thins slowly.

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    But why would you. Does it affect performance or something?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Higher fov is slightly more difficult to render, so super slow machines could consider lowering it.

People change their fov either to make their view in front more clear, or to see more around them on the sides. Some just like the feel of a certain fov.

I recommend staying between 90 and 110 as a rule of thumb. The default of 100 is perfectly fine.

Senior Member tCrown is on a distinguished road
    Does not help the rails at all, but my fov is 130 with a 1920x1200 res with 16:10 aspect ratio.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar

A higher FOV can be helpful in some game modes. I used to play with 120 in CTF because it gives you a better awareness of where everybody is. Duelists tend to have it much lower - 90 seems quite popular because you're only facing 1 guy and don't need to see the periphery. Up to a point, lower fov helps your aim.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

+ Reply to Thread