+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFA servers almost empty.....

*Assessment

FFA servers almost empty.....

It looked for a while as if the FFA servers were becoming active again....

With this latest round of map rotations it seems as if the servers are dead......totally dead.

I am still playing quakelive but I am just going to hang until a few maps that i enjoy playing are once again added to the mix.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Make sure you set your server browser to "All populated" to avoid missing servers.

Junior Member freem1nd is on a distinguished road
    Yep, November seems to be a ****ty month for FFA.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    How can it be a bad rotation when dm17 and asylum are in it?
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by intheway View Post
    Not to mention battleforged, eviscerated, namelessplace, retribution and even cannedheat as decent deathmatch maps. If FFA seems dead then the map rotation isn't the problem -- it's the community that's the problem.

*Icey_Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by intheway View Post
    Space maps... You either love them, or you hate them. And I can honestly say that a lot of people hate them.
    Not to mention battleforged, eviscerated, namelessplace, retribution and even cannedheat as decent deathmatch maps. If FFA seems dead then the map rotation isn't the problem -- it's the community that's the problem.
    Nameless place has never really been a favourite in quake live, battleforged is a duel map, canned heat is way too small. Eviscerated and especially Retribution are pretty good though.
    Last edited by Icey_Pain; 11-09-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Looking at our graphs for in-game FFA players worldwide, activity in FFA is unchanged. Thus far, they appear about even with a bump last Sunday (old rotation) and Monday (new rotation). If you are having issues finding matches, I recommend trying a different set of filters.
    Last edited by sponge; 11-09-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey_Pain View Post
    Nameless place has never really been a favourite in quake live, battleforged is a duel map, canned heat is way too small. Eviscerated and especially Retribution are pretty good though.
    Appealing to popularity means nothing. Nameless has worked fine for myself and others most times we've played it, battleforged was stated as both a duel and FFA map by phantazm11 and certainly holds 8 players. Canned is admittedly cramped but still somewhat enjoyable - remember it was originally a Rocket Arena map so if it's open enough for all-weapon play it should be fine for FFA.

Member ephix1a is an unknown quantity at this point ephix1a's Avatar
    i love nameless place

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ephix1a View Post
    i love nameless place
    Ahh...so your the one !
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

+ Reply to Thread