+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World FreezeTag League - NA Division Playoffs start tonight!

Senior Member CoolMike is on a distinguished road

World FreezeTag League - NA Division Playoffs start tonight!

The World FreezeTag League American Division Playoffs start tonight and will continue as a double elimination tourney until a winner is determined in both the Insta and All Weapons leagues. Streams will be available starting at 9PM Eastern. Tonight features an InstaFreeze match and tomorrow night there are two All Weapons FreezeTag matches. Second round action begins on Sunday for the Insta league and on Tuesday, November 13th for the All Weapons league.

To view the streams please navigate to the streams page and check the four links to the channels at the bottom. Multiple matches at the same time will be broadcast on separate channels, so feel free to browse around for the best action.

Schedule updates will be posted here as the playoffs continue.
    Last edited by CoolMike; 11-07-2012 at 03:44 PM.

So the playoffs are underway and I wanted to post a handfull of VODs as well as update the schedule going forward.

First, the VODs from the first round action. Due to the number of games being played in a short span of time, not every match is being broadcasted at the moment. That said, there were a few nice games on the streams so far.

All weapons:
    P4F vs OSX All Weapons Part 1
    P4F vs OSX All Weapons Part 2

Note that the part 2 shows the last half of the first map and then the second and third maps of the match. Furthermore, the second map was played on one of the new maps from the most recent update, Terminatria.

Insta FT
    P4F vs SOG2 Insta FT
    ROTN vs OSX2 Insta FT
    oK vs DEA Insta FT

The all weapons action picks back up this Tuesday, November 13th at 9pm eastern time. The streams will most likely be from the hlbox stream account (linked to from the media link in the OP). The schedule is SOG1 vs OSX at 9pm eastern time, followed by SOG2 vs DEA at 10pm eastern time. If I have time I will post a direct link to the streams on Tuesday when the matches get started.
    Last edited by CoolMike; 11-13-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Playoff update:

The playoffs are wrapping up for the World Freezetag League, with a few exciting matches left to play to determine the winners.

Tonight at 9pm eastern time DEA will face team SOG1 for the right to play OSX in the All weapon finals. The loser of tonight's match gets eliminated and ends up as the league's third place team.

The insta freezetag finals are this Wednesday at 9pm (US eastern time), where oK will face eA for the league championship. Both games will be streamed live. The streams will most likely be at http://www.twitch.tv/rotnhlbox. If the streams are not up at around 9pm you may have to browse the four WFL channels (www.planetfreeze.com/media.htm) in order to find the game.

In other news the WFL is moving their web address to www.worldgamersarena.com. The website has a nice clean and functional look. The actual functionality is mostly complete. Everyone is welcome to browse the websites and get a look at what the WFL (now WGA) has comming up in the near future. The next season of WGA leagues starts this February, and there are solid plans in the works for iFT, FT, TDM, Duel, iCTF, and Clan Arena leagues. If you want to register a clan with the website simply click on clans at the top and then select the create a clan button. Once you have a registered clan you will be able to sign up for individual leagues when the team signups begin.

Thanks for checking in!

For anyone curious as to how the playoff picture unfolded the brackets are on the www.planetfreeze.com website. The files are word doc files so you will need a way to view MS office products in order to see these brackets.

Insta FT Bracket

All Weapon FT Bracket

The freezetag season ended last night for both devisions.

The North American all weapons champions were SOG1 and the insta champions were eA. Both of these teams will move on to play the winners of the european divisions in order to determine a world freezetag champion!

I will try and remember to post an update to this thread prior to the world championship match, which will obviously be streamed live.

The all weapons grand finals VOD can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/rotnhlbox/b/346798646

Signups for next seasons leagues can be found here: www.worldgamersarena.com. Simply add your clan by hitting the clans link and then create a new clan.

Thanks to the league admins who ran a fun season (I am not officially affiliated with the league, I'm just trying to inform the community here).
    Last edited by CoolMike; 12-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    tnx for the update man, havent watched it live. Any special matches worth checking out in VODs?

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    The Grand Final for the Championship of the World will be held this Sunday at 9pm GMT between SOG1, the US Champions and Smegs, the EU Champions. This will be streamed. Probably.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Hi filo - I have been so busy since my team was eliminated that I havn't watched many of the VODs myself. The US final matches seemed like they featured some good play. If you can find the P4F all-weapons VODs there were some exciting moments in most of the matches. The match against SOG1 went badly for my team (one of my top two players was unavailable). The match against SOG2 had some nice moments including a huge quad run at the start of map 3.

The other matches all have their exciting moments in the all weapons league. DEA vs OSX was a good one from a few weeks ago that I remember.

Other than that I think the best bet to watch to get a feel for the gameplay is the two finals matches OSX vs SOG1.

For the insta league any EA match is fun to watch. For example ROTN vs EA was a good match. ROTN vs OK and P4F vs ROTN were exciting as well. I can't remember who else had to play EA leading up to the finals but they were a very strong team with good teamplay and went on some huge frag runs with their positional play.

+ Reply to Thread